Vogue Italia June 2010 : Eva Herzigova by Steven Meisel

I'm excited by the casting especially Nanou, Sunniva, and most importantly, Valerija :zorro::heart::woot:

^ Moslty excited for Sunniva and Valerija, too..but just the thought of Eliza by Meisel doesn't appeal to me in any way :doh:

I have to say, although I love Eva, I don't like this cover at all. The dirty arms and the leaves covering her body make her look like she feel into a garbage heap.

It is quite a travesty that Eva's first Vogue Italia cover has to be such a leafy disaster. First of all, she should have at LEAST five other VI covers under her belt, and second of all, what a complete waste of her presence as a model! Eva is not a New Age Earth queen, but a decadent, glamorous, sultry, sex goddess! There is NO looking past the fact that Eva, a seasoned, bona fide SUPERMODEL, gets her FIRST VI cover after all of these years--after countless disposable one hit wonders have graced the cover before her--completely buried under greenery and with grungy, blackened arms. If I were Eva, I will be BEYOND angry. Still, the fact that she is still able to be stunningly gorgeous--even dirty, under a gargantuan bushel of leaves, and wearing a garish frock-- speaks volumes about both her ability as a model and her timeless, versatile beauty.

for the moment Vogue Italia this year no ave great covers

whoa, brilliant casting :shock: this so made up for Eva's Salad cover :lol:

can't wait to see Sunniva and Danielle :buzz: and Magda :crush:

It is quite a travesty that Eva's first Vogue Italia cover has to be such a leafy disaster. First of all, she should have at LEAST five other VI covers under her belt, and second of all, what a complete waste of her presence as a model! Eva is not a New Age Earth queen, but a decadent, glamorous, sultry, sex goddess!

In a way, I suspect that I want Vogue Italia to not give me what I want - that the purpose of Vogue Italia to be one of the few magazines that won't pander to my tastes for glamour, but will give me something unexpected that I wouldn't really have imagined, and which sends me on a further journey of inspiration.

That doesn't stop me wishing - every month - for some glamorous extravaganza on the cover. We all have our tastes, and we can see in an instant when a cover confirms them or offends them. We get a great feeling from seeing what hits the spot.

But with Vogue Italia, maybe the mark of a decent cover is one that unsettles my tastes slightly, because Meisel has used his skills to put something together that can make me feel slightly different each time I look at it - intrigued, disgusted, excited, curious.

So in a way, while dirt is far from what I desire to see in a fashion magazine, I do appreciate this cover - and I think it's better than many of the covers I've seen from Vogue Italia in recent times, which were nothing more than mildly amusing takes on modern phenomena. Amusing, yes, but with not much more to offer other than the sight of your favourite model appearing in it.

It's certainly not Meisel's best cover by a long stretch, but for me, it's a step closer to the spirit of what he used to be doing. And it's a cover that has me imagining all sorts of storylines for why she's in that situation. Has she fallen into the dirt - or is she rising through the earth? Is she going mad? Is she seeing something we can't see? Although by saying all of the above, I'm the one who's probably seeing things that aren't there.

I actually like the cover. To me it symbolizes a rebirth of some sorts.

Brilliant casting for this. I love the 90's models and I'm most excited to see Magdalena. :buzz:

Might I just add that - according to MDC - this is not only Eva's first VI cover but first EVER collaboration with Steven Meisel as well. That's even weirder!

Well this came right out of left field and you gotta hand to Meisel and VI, they can never be called predicable.
Astonishing that after a 20 year career Eva lands her first VI cover and her first shoot with arguably the most influential lensman of the last few decades, and good for her too.
The cover is pretty decent, but not brilliant, but the cast list is rockin my world:woot: Danielle, Sunniva & Tanga......as well as the some great newer girls.
Can't wait for content.
Thanks for the cover NeverDrinkAgain and for the info yaars :flower:

Wow it seems like all those appearances in Interview with McDean in the last couple of months payed off...I'm not a fan of Nanou, but I'm willing to be convinced.

I don't think it's all that shocking that this is Eva's first VI cover. Back in the day, Helena never got a VI cover (despite being featured regularly in the magazine). Neither did Karen Mulder, nor several of the other luminaries of that era.

^ Very true......maybe it's Helena's turn sometime soon. :D Fingers crossed.

I just want to say, not so fond off the cover, model choices, theme, etc ...

What a complete joke of a cover...but I'll give the editorial a chance since Ms. Sauve styled the whole thing (which is a surprise to me given the recent rumours that had been circulating).

The rumour about Steven Meisel and a certain super stylist was never cleared up. Everybody thought it was Sauvé, but that wouldn't make sense because of their history together. Normally Katie Grand is doing styling honors, but for the current LV campaign they hired Karl Templer, this made me believe Katie Grand was the super stylist Steven Meisel didn't want to work with again after 2 seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->