Vogue Italia June 2012 : Isabella Rossellini by Steven Meisel

*sorry for the poor quality :blush:
Fascino Senza Età - 24p
Isabella Rossellini, Guinevere Van Seenus, Donna Mitchell, Carolyn Murphy‎,
Lauren Helm, and Susan Forristal by Steven Meisel
Editor: Karl Templer

[my snaps]

Disappointing cover shot? Yes... But, come on, it's Isabella! I prefer to see an icon such Isabella than any other Kate Moss on british Vogues again... :innocent:

I really like Fascino Senza Età although I think the pictures are a bit dark but overall it's quite good. All the models look amazing! Thank you for the snaps, tentalicious. As for Jourdan Dunn's editorial, I think it is really atrocious. Don't like the styling and the colours are not working for me.

the main story is superb in print... really.. one of Meisel's best work in ages. The eighth picture would have looked much better on the cover.
Carrozzini's ed is so Summerton-esque to my taste.

Vogue Italia June 2012
Isabella Rossellini by Steven Meisel

mi-me.eu

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there something wrong with postimage? I can't see any of these pics in either GoogleChrome or Internet Explorer.:unsure:

The main editorial actually looks rather pretty...beautiful lighting. One of Meisel's better works this year.

Jourdan's editorial looks rather Unwerth-esque, I kind of expected it to be in a studio, being that Carozzini shot it.

Thanks for the snaps tentalicious :flower:.

Love what I've seen so far! The main issue, although a bit dark, is amazing and the girls look beautiful! Thanks for the snaps!!

It's funny to me that the cover is so fresh and light, but the main editorial is dark and moody. I would've preferred something softer.

Wow, Fascino Senza Età looks amazing. It feels like a vintage Meisel work circa early 00s. Definitely one of Meisel's best this year so far. Can't wait to see it in better quality.

I'm kind of digging Sport and Glamour cause of the use of colors. :D

Thanks tentalicious for the snaps! :flower:

Is there something wrong with postimage? I can't see any of these pics in either GoogleChrome or Internet Explorer.:unsure:

Just keep on refreshing the page. That's what I did cause I have experienced the same thing as well. Hope that helps. :smile:

Totally surprised at how good the main ed is. I don't feel a connection to the cover, but I really don't care because it's stunning. The solo pic of Caroloyn next to the window is so Meisel circa 1998 in the best possible way.

I agree worst Vogue cover in recent times! She's Isabella the possibilities r endless

Jourdan Dunn's legs are looking superb as usual, especially in the cycling photo.

I thought I was in the Vintage Magazines forum and just closed the tab without even looking twice at this. This is so outdated. I must say she looks quite nice but everything else about this is horrible. The light, the colors, the frumpy styling. I agree that this is the worst VI cover of the year so far (and I haven't liked any of the other ones either!).

Almost what I did.

The sport/glamour shoot looks like that Dolce & Gabbana campaign from years back but I would like to see more of the one in the post before.

I thought I was in the Vintage Magazines forum and just closed the tab without even looking twice at this.

Same.:blink: Was all excited when i red Isabella on the cover of Vogue Italia and then closed the tab because i thought it was vintage.

Terrible cover. Frumpy.

here's an interesting article from wwd

Vogue Italia's Health Initiative
By ALESSANDRA TURRA

HEALTHY ATTITUDE: Isabella Rossellini appears on the cover of Vogue Italia’s June issue, which is entirely dedicated to Condé Nast International’s Health Initiative to promote a healthy attitude towards beauty.

“This month I’m turning 60 years old, and running after lost youth is not me,” said Rossellini, who was photographed by Steven Meisel. “I pay attention to what I eat, but I've gained ten kilos compared to when I was modeling, because your metabolism changes over the years.”

Along with the Italian actress, Meisel shot a number of former models involved into the project, including Carolyn Murphy, Guinevere Van Seenus and Lauren Helm.

“We should not wag our finger at fashion, which is used as a scapegoat for every social and health problem,” noted Helm, who is now a psychiatrist. “Food disorders are, in most cases, provoked by anxiety, stress and hyper-perfectionism.”

The issue, which hits newsstands Monday, will also be distributed in select pharmacies and design schools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->