Vogue Italia June 2012 : Isabella Rossellini by Steven Meisel

i bet half of tfs members here can make a better cover than this trash

Fascino Senza Eta
Photographer:
Steven Meisel
Stylist: Karl Templer
Models:[/B ]Isabella Rossellini, Donna Mitchell, Lauren Helm, Susan Forristal, Carolyn Murphy & Guinevere Van Seenus
Make-Up: Pat McGrath
Hair: Guido Palau

vogue.it

The main ed is not nearly as bad as the cover suggested. The shots with Guinevere are ridiculously good, even. I suppose the title of the ed means something like "Timeless Magic/Charm(?)"? If so, I like how the location accentuates this, gotta love dusty old libraries and studies, really beautiful setting. The styling is not that great but it suits the theme of the editorial, obviously.

Also can't wait to see better quality shots of Jourdan's editorial. I was also thinking of the old Dolce&Gabbana ads with Eugenia Volodina, must be the same location in which that one was shot. But the styling is similar to those old ads, too.

Yes, beautiful lighting and setting in the Meisel shoot, though some of the shots feel a tad cheesy and might suit Vanity Fair better than Vogue.

the ed is beautiful, and Carolyn Murphy is beautiful as always

The ed is beautiful and the video was fun to watch! Thanks for posting both, Melancholybaby.

On ebay, I see this issue on sale and it says :
"Supermodels special Monica Bellucci - Gisele Bundchen - Eva Herzigova - Eva Mendes - Laetitia Casta - Helena Christensen"
What does it mean ?

And it's even more beautiful. :heart: All the ladies look good especially Carolyn and Guinevere. I'm just in awe with Carolyn in the fourth shot. It's just perfect. Pure drama. And the tenth shot with Guinevere would have made a beautiful cover. A fold-out one.

the main editorial is quite nice. i'm liking the simplistic theme going on.

Thank you for your answer tentalicious.
Here (France) Vogue Italia is always closed and I've very curious of the content given on the fashion spot before I decide to buy the current issue.

The ed is ok Carolyn is the best of the editorial but for this i dont buy the mag

imo Guinevere is totally outshining everybody else :crush:

and looking forward to Jourdan's ed..

love the ed. the shot with Guinevere in front of the mirror would have made a great cover

I think that Fascino Senza Eta is a thumbs up ed in and of itself, and the charm of the models is the biggest selling point, but it is good in a second string ed kinda way. It is too redundant in styling and set ups to be the main ed, I am not trying to put it down and I don't know if it could have been elevated, I just think that this is the kind of ed you get excited over like you'd get excited over a side dish or dessert, but not as the main course.

The women sitting in the chairs are redundant, but again their charm sells it. Carolyn's image is great, at first I did not like Guinevere's images, and I still don't like the first one, they are a bit, "one of these things is not like the other," but they are actually good images, I almost feel like Meisel should have committed to that theme, rounded up a few more models, and create a separate ed and that would have likely been main ed worthy.

*They credit the model as Joan Smalls :shock:
Jourdan Dunn by Francesco Carrozzini - Preview

[timhowardmanagement.com]

^LOL, that magazine is starting to be a huge mess..

^No kiddin' That's totally unacceptable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->