Vogue Italia June 2016 by Mario Sorrenti

zzzyao76

Reaction score
005yYQOngw1f4g1sg9f0zj308v0amwfb.jpg

weibo/FashionModels

Is the empty space on that cover to rent? I have some words that could fill it.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Pretty sure that's Kate's daughter Lila Grace and not Lottie! I'll change the thread title.

This cover does nothing for me. It's just yet another portrait shot. Looks more like Kate and Lila for American Vogue to me, Lottie looks very young here. Maybe I've been hanging out too much in the Vintage Magazines thread with all their conceptualised VI covers.

Seems like Franca trying to make up for lost times? December, February, now June?? It's overmuch!

EDIT: So it's Lila then....

Will this be a multi-cover issue again, with that shot of Gisele inset?

Jesus what has become of VI?!! Now even when they have Meisel back (previous issue), its all soo insipid!!!

Its a beautiful portrait of Kate and her daughter, but its really not cover worthy!!!

I really don't get the direction of the non-Meisel issues. They all feel disconnected? This doesn't feel like a Vogue Italia cover. We have 2 gorgeous women, a fantastic photographer, and yet the energy is missing. This is something that I'd see for VP and not for VI.

I haven't been wowed with a non-Meisel issue since that one with Mariacarla and the other Tim Walker.

Awfully boring and empty. So tired of Kate and her family. Go away for at least a year please.

And to Vogue Italia: stop using her. I know Meisel refused to work with her but three Kate covers in half a year? Please, she's so cliché.

It's beyond, BEYOND depressing.

Kate again? meh!
but please please let it be a whole issue by Sorrenti :magic:

This is beautiful and I'll be running to the store to grab this. A very chic answer to VP's Cindy-Kaia cover. Also, seems like Kate is on a roll, compensating for twenty years of no VI covers :lol:

I know her fans will hate me for saying this, but everything Kate does these days is a waste in my opinion. Campaigns, covers, eds that could have gone to a better, fresher and more interesting model. We've seen Kate in every hair and makeup, pose and setting. We know everything about her life. Hell, she's even sold her (failed) marriage to Vogue. It's come to a point where i'm begging for any of the other overused models, Gisele, Naomi, Natalia or Daria. I'd even welcome Kendall or Gigi over Kate. I just wish she would go away for a loooong time until we miss her again. Until then, everything Kate does will be dreadful.

This cover being the prime example. It looks exactly like almost everything she's done in the past 2 years. And June? This looks as depressing as November.

I know her fans will hate me for saying this, but everything Kate does these days is a waste in my opinion. Campaigns, covers, eds that could have gone to a better, fresher and more interesting model. We've seen Kate in every hair and makeup, pose and setting. We know everything about her life. Hell, she's even sold her (failed) marriage to Vogue. It's come to a point where i'm begging for any of the other overused models, Gisele, Naomi, Natalia or Daria. I'd even welcome Kendall or Gigi over Kate. I just wish she would go away for a loooong time until we miss her again. Until then, everything Kate does will be dreadful.

This cover being the prime example. It looks exactly like almost everything she's done in the past 2 years. And June? This looks as depressing as November.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you, except Kendall part. There were many famous supermodels Meisel did not give covers too but they don't get 3 covers in 6 months. Moreover, none of her covers were any good...

I just hope this is not the only cover!

Kate Moss on a cover? Groundbreaking :innocent:

But really, this is such a snoozefest. Can't remember the last time I liked a VI cover, I even forgot a new issue is supposed to come out.

This looks like a nice cover, just too safe and déjà-vu for Vogue Italia...
I hope there are more covers (Gisele?).

Totally agree. It's a total waste. Like throwing a project to the bin in a way. I get what you mean.

And THREE covers in SEVEN months???? Gimme a rest.

This magazine is completely dead. It needs a new editor in chief ASAP. The one who created the hype around Vogue Italia was Meisel and his days are long gone. Franca is just lost and run out of ideas. What she has done with this magazine for the last couple of years is embarrasing.

Vogue has lost its power and its relevance... US, UK, Paris and now Vogue Italia.

BTW, Meisel must HATEKate Moss. If Franca has given Kate three covers already, I suppose she begged Meisel to shoot her many times... It's like she's saying to Meisel: If you didn't want to shoot her I can do it with other people! :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->