Vogue Paris September 2017 : Edie Campbell by David Sims

The cover reminds me the photos of 60's, but is getting boring to see Edie on VP.

I think the original cover plan must have fallen through..Edie's Instagram post said it was a 'lovely surprise' so maybe this was only meant to be an editorial feature and replaced the other story at the last minute? I like it..I'm a little disappointed its not a new face for VP but its a nice shot and feels very vintage. Didn't recognise Edie at all though

Most girls don't know that they are shooting for the cover. Emmanuelle loves Edie, I don't think there was a change of plans.

Congrats Edie! Unlike that pair of so called models that graced the september issue last year she earned it by gracing the pages of this magazine month after month, she might be a rich girl but she's really seduced me with her brand of regal languidness. All those other Instagirls have nothing on her.

The cover is beautiful and I find the cropping and text placement to be just fine, this is exactly the kind of thing Sims does best and I love the Jean Shrimpton reference. Also NO to whomever said Gigi's cover for HB was better. Just no. For starters Edie doesn't look overwhelmed by the headpiece and she certainly doesn't look like she's wearing child's make-up...

Here's me hoping the rest of the issue does justice to the cover.

I think the original cover plan must have fallen through..Edie's Instagram post said it was a 'lovely surprise' so maybe this was only meant to be an editorial feature and replaced the other story at the last minute? I like it..I'm a little disappointed its not a new face for VP but its a nice shot and feels very vintage. Didn't recognise Edie at all though
It makes sense... as there was a clue in the cover rumor thread that "a model turned actress" would grace the cover. I was hoping for Cara oh well...

I can't believe they replaced Amber with Edie. It would have been amazing to see her back on the cover of Vogue Paris.

I can't believe they replaced Amber with Edie. It would have been amazing to see her back on the cover of Vogue Paris.

How do you know Amber was supposed to be on the cover? No name was mentionned, just an indication of who it could have been (a model turned actress)...

Gorgeous shot, love the colour scheme and the nostalgic feel it has to it.

How do you know Amber was supposed to be on the cover? No name was mentionned, just an indication of who it could have been (a model turned actress)...

Maybe TheFrenchy told him it will be Amber?

Most girls don't know that they are shooting for the cover. Emmanuelle loves Edie, I don't think there was a change of plans.

I didn't know Alt shoots like this! Very strategic, and I can completely understand though. That way news of the cover won't leak from the model's side.

Still can't warm to this cover. Despite the minimal text (odd for September, no?) it's still an underwhelming shot for me. And she looks a bit like Anna Ewers here.

Lol, Edie got September VP Cover, and Raquel still...
Well, you know.

As khyrk said, I was ready to hate, but I kinda like the cover.

She normally photographs generically but this is nice. I like the 60s vibe and the colours.

“C'est Vogue” by Philippe Jarrigeon

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

Julia Bergshoeff by Alique

Last edited by a moderator:
Anja Rubik by Ben Hassett

Last edited by a moderator:
Luna Bijl by Greg Harris

“Noir et blanc: check!” by Christian MacDonald

“Saint Laurent Confidentiel” by David Sims

Sims´editorial is the only standout so far imo, the rest is just the same VP imagery over and over again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jxxn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->