Vogue Italia March 2021

Photographer: Craig McDean
Set Designer: Stefan Beckman
Stylist: Carlos Nazario
Hair: Jawara
Makeup: Diane Kendal
Cast: Soo Joo Park, Sasha Pivovarova Tao Okamoto, Julia Nobis, Adut Akech, Binx Walton, Saskia de Brauw

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

Vogue Italia March 2021

@Urfavepixie

Photographer: Colier Schorr
Stylist: Matt Holmes
Hair: Latisha Chong
Makeup: Raisa Flowers
Cast: Toni Smith

Vogue Italia March 2021

Talents

Photographer: John Edmonds
Stylist: Patti Wilson
Hair: Evanie Frausto
Makeup: Emi Kaneko
Cast: Dilone, Benzo, Debra Shaw, Hanne Gaby Odiele, Lily Aldridge, Jessie Li

Vogue Italia March 2021

Isabel Brainstorming

Photographer: Paul Kooiker
Set Designer: Giulia Minari
Stylist: Francesca Cisani
Hair: Pierpaolo Lai
Makeup: Alessia Stefano
Cast: Zoe Natale Mannella, Isabel Monsees

Vogue Italia March 2021

Beauty: Adwoa

Photographer: Angelo Pennetta
Stylist: Emilie Kareh
Hair: Cyndia Harvey
Makeup: Lauren Parsons
Cast: Adwoa Aboah

Nice try Vogue Italia, it’s 5% better than usual issue but again: models self-portraits and self-styling. This should’ve been ended in mid-2020 when we were all into the lockdown. When Vogue paris made July 2020 issue. This looks good for Instagram content but not for a one of the main vogue. It’s like you know child’s paintings: interesting only for parents. Stop playing with fashion when you have such a bad taste, zero creativity or sense of humor.

I like the cover editorial for the sheer amount of production value and thought that went into it. I wish McDean would keep all his work on this level because it's stunning, not a single bad shot. Even Julia Nobis looks great here in a very ghoulish way, especially in that evening dress.
The John Edmonds edit also looks great, and Freja is a better photographer than the majority of talent you see on the regular in this magazine. But I can live without the rest, especially Adwoa's editorial. Someone actually commissioned her for a beauty story? :rolleyes:

The problem with VI is that it's all too disjointed and random. This issue may be vaguely tolerable, but next month will probably be a trainwreck again.

They just need a new EIC with a clearer vision, that's all. Farneti is not the guy.

Quite a few images that would serve as good covers. For example, the opening image with Soo Joo wearing white, Sasha sitting on the chair, Debra Shaw in blue... But of course, efarneti had to do it his way.

To echo pretty much everyone's sentiments, this is bland but compared to his previous issues it's a hit. It reminds me of his first several issues when he still showed some potential of running an okay Vogue, before it all went drastically downhill of course. McDean's and Freja's stories are the highlight of the issue for sure. Edmonds editorial is also quite nice. I'd probably buy if I happened to see it on the newsstand, but I won't bother looking for it.

So the cover images belongs to any content from inside??...

Freja is not that bad as a photographer...

McDean of course is the best from this issue.i wish it was a little longer...

Penneta, Faena and Collier’s editorials should be rejected by the VI team.

I like the cover editorial for the sheer amount of production value and thought that went into it. I wish McDean would keep all his work on this level because it's stunning, not a single bad shot. Even Julia Nobis looks great here in a very ghoulish way, especially in that evening dress.
The John Edmonds edit also looks great, and Freja is a better photographer than the majority of talent you see on the regular in this magazine. But I can live without the rest, especially Adwoa's editorial. Someone actually commissioned her for a beauty story? :rolleyes:

The problem with VI is that it's all too disjointed and random. This issue may be vaguely tolerable, but next month will probably be a trainwreck again.

They just need a new EIC with a clearer vision, that's all. Farneti is not the guy.

Admittedly, a more tolerable issue than the last several previous ones. Just can’t abide by these random shots that have no connection to one another, other than cram in as many faces as possible to satisfy as many attention-deficit readers as possible. Is it so hard to wrangle a cast and crew together to tell a single solid story these days??? Are such elements such as reference, narrative and POV too much in these dumbed down times…???

Shame there isn’t a full story with Debra Shaw. Same for Jessie Li… And they did Adwoa dirty. (Let’s hope Freja doesn’t become a regular contributor… Sheesh, that insufferable Raf’s Prada is already so unbearably serious; lighten up with the advertorial.)

The best imagery from this issue is the double-page spread ad for Romeo Gigli. Gorgeous composition and colour-palette— too bad you can’t really see the clothes LOL

Admittedly, a more tolerable issue than the last several previous ones. Just can’t abide by these random shots that have no connection to one another, other than cram in as many faces as possible to satisfy as many attention-deficit readers as possible. Is it so hard to wrangle a cast and crew together to tell a single solid story these days??? Are such elements such as reference, narrative and POV too much in these dumbed down times…???

Shame there isn’t a full story with Debra Shaw. Same for Jessie Li… And they did Adwoa dirty. (Let’s hope Freja doesn’t become a regular contributor… Sheesh, that insufferable Raf’s Prada is already so unbearably serious; lighten up with the advertorial.)

The best imagery from this issue is the double-page spread ad for Romeo Gigli. Gorgeous composition and colour-palette— too bad you can’t really see the clothes LOL
Well, it's not like Adwoa could have served any better with better creative direction

Freja steals the issue for me. If she still hasn't proved all the anti-Freja people wrong then idk when. She's so elegant here. She has always served more than some popular ones but it's just that we see her more in androgynous styles than anything else. There's a lot more that she can do. Other strong images are of Sasha & Debra as expected. Soo Joo and Julia Nobis are pretty good as well. Why is it always that it's the older ones who deliver?

the main editorial is very good and so is Freja’s! makes me wanna buy it just for that!!

Adwoa's editorial is vile, one of the worst editorials I've seen, I think, ever. She looks dreadful and dirty, the make up looks messy and nothing is flattering about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->