Vogue Italia March 2023 : Gisele Bündchen by Rafael Pavarotti

The first photo above looks like it was created by an AI "make Gisele edgy + add a Ronald McDonald wig."

This is just... no.

Vogue Italia is clearly not able to produce a decent cover with Gisele. The Mina-inspired one was a disaster, but this is even worse. I was not ready for such a low standard from Ib and Rafael.

The more I look at it, the more it grows on me. It's a shocking look for Gisele and initially I found it repulsive. But the styling is good, the poses are great and she's sort of evoking the spirit of Dovima in that red dress. I might end up liking (and buying) this after all...

I dont mind the colours and composition but this styling and makeup just doesnt work for her. She looks like a drag queen here. Only a model like Linda would rock this.

hfgl.proboards.com via ivano

Why she channeling Mina again??? And did they steal the mask from there??? She looks terribly swelling from a over-pulled facelift.

Holy, what a terrible cover, one of the Gisele's worst works & at least her previous cover of this mag were better.

You can always count on Pavarotti when it comes to the worst retouching job. Gisele has never looked that bad. How on earth the team said yes to this is beyond my understanding.

It's always exciting to see Gisele, and I appreciate the effort of trying to do something a little different with her. But that cover just doesnt work... Such a shame cuz I was dying to see the Gisele + Pavarotti combo.

Font and lazy art direction aside, this is the strongest Vogue Italia cover in recent memory - certainly my favourite under Francesca Ragazzi's tenure. It's bold, it's graphic, it's Gisele giving us something different and I am ALL for the excitement and element of surprise this gave me! :heart:

somehow I like it and I'm going to buy it, I haven't bought a Vogue Italia magazine since 2019, it gives me Bettina Graziani and Company vibes,the pose, the bright red a modern 50s cover, the editorial so so,but it's still Gisele, a real top model

I think it's not Gisele's fault or her facial structure coz she brings it in terms of energy and poses but unfortunately she's no Linda Evangelista o Raquel Zimmermann in terms of being able to transform but somehow (since she is so good at posing strong and sexy and glamorous and all of that) I think it's the makeup artists or editors' faults because SHE IS A SUPER SUPERMODEL so we all know she has the face, the body, the experience etc. I would say Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell don't transform as much and aren't as chameleonic as Linda BUT makeup artists know which wigs and lights and makeup to use but Gisele CAN be transformed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->