Vogue Italia March 2023 : Gisele Bündchen by Rafael Pavarotti

This is glorious, their best cover in a long time. I always love seeing Gisele not being Gisele, she's a great model and can play the character. And the previews look even better! Finally a hit for VI.

:heart:

Font and lazy art direction aside, this is the strongest Vogue Italia cover in recent memory - certainly my favourite under Francesca Ragazzi's tenure. It's bold, it's graphic, it's Gisele giving us something different and I am ALL for the excitement and element of surprise this gave me! :heart:

:heart:

I like it and only wish she was properly centred. what’s with magazine these days and not being able to produce a nice symmetrical cover??

the editorial is awesome! good job!

Thank you @Zorka

Where are you getting those layouts considering that the magazine is not out yet? I have a digital subscription but is not there yet...

This. I grew up with her work and adored her as a model in the early 00s so seeing her for the past 10-15 years stuck like a broken record with the ‘hot football mom’ relatable styling, the same hair, same stupid yoga-inspired pose, same smile, same basic photographer (Nico) telling us that’s about all of the versatility from Gisele that we’re ever going to see.. sorry but this, as much as I can’t stand the drag queen ‘aesthetic’ that has taken over pop culture, is still very much welcome.. it’s.. different, and nothing like what we’ve seen from her in what, 25 years now? (since the McQueen days maybe?). Hell yes from me. :lol:

agreed. loved it!!

I’m scared. Like… for my life. Go back to the sewer… Eessshh

I LOVE this - god modelling has gotten so bland and so many of the new girls don’t have the talent for these kind of shoots or are victim to awful art direction like Gigi for vogue Netherlands or those awkward Kendall shoots by Zoe.

It’s easy to forget what a brilllaint model gisele is - she’s really one of a kind

They should have chosen Raquel. Gisele just works with the same look right now, She lost “it”.

I like it, much better than the majority of what we are getting these days. At least Francesca tried. Also, I agree, Raquel suits this more than Gisele but I'll take this. Love the editorial more and I think there are much better images in the ed that should've been the cover.

P.S. VI Art directors, there are more (fantastic) fonts out there.

Gisele should have gotten retired 5 years ago, but now it's still a good time to do so, might as well take naomi with her.
I'm serious, think about it gisele.

The complete ed it's a lot better and scary. Mix of Leigh Bowery, Grace Jones, Cindy Sherman and Nina Hagen. All the intensity of the most scary but great artists of the 80s. I still want to like the cover, but I can't. At least Francesca embraces fashion and keeps the same line most of the times. Way better than the Farneti covers, but the shared content kills its spirit.

I've never been a huge fan of Gisele so I'm rather neutral when it comes to this cover story. Some pages are good, some others could have been skipped etc. But all in all, this is still better than Vogue France (what a poor comparison, sorry, but with all the "shared contents" - what a polite way to say blatant reprints, I tend to put them both in the same dirtbag).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->