Vogue Italia March 2023 : Gisele Bündchen by Rafael Pavarotti

Treated myself to a copy of this issue last week. The last time I spontaneously purchased Vogue Italia was the all-white cover during the global pandemic, so felt a little bit of nostalgia picking up a magazine I used to buy religiously, month after month.

A rather thin issue for March, and I was instantly reminded of the time I bought September 2008 with Viktoriya Sasonkina which ultimately broke the strap of the bag I was carrying due to the immense weight of the magazine. Nevertheless, Gisele is the only thing that enticed me to purchase this - the rest of the content could've been blank pages for all I care.

The cover itself looks even better in person, super glossy and feels like a premium product (as it should costing £9.99). I am still a little bit in love with the cover and accompanying story, which gives me fab flashbacks to John Galliano's early years at Christian Dior. I love Gisele portraying the golden goddess (like on Vanity Fair) but I welcome the drastic new look here. Every single element works, and I'll remember this for months and years to come.
I hope you find Tatjana's cover. I saw it on instagram and it's gorgeous as well.

Love the contradiction in the answers and the divergence of opinions: it's been a long time since an Italian Vogue created this frisson. Unfortunately, we don't have a big name anymore, which might solve this fashion-mess much better... I agree that Meisel and Raquel would be ideal, but isn't that looking for a past that's gone? How many times have we seen this duo in action?
Gisele reminds me of a transvestite dressed as Silvana Mangano in some dubbing contest. Everything will fall apart soon. I think this cover is fantastic. The inside photos are a disaster, but who even looks at them anymore? Who besides insiders even buys a print edition?
There is a slight gap in the hem of the chiffon dress that bothers me a lot, as a perfectionist that I am. The font "Gisele" is horrible, it would have been written by hand with cheap lipstick: Love you darling. With a kiss!

That’s for the February issue :flower:
That's right, but I told that because Vogue28 said this March issue it's the first VI he buys in 3 years, and he loves these glamorous covers. That Tatjana cover is something that any fashion lover would love to own and I suggest him he should try to hunt that one. Thank you Mikel!

That's right, but I told that because Vogue28 said this March issue it's the first VI he buys in 3 years, and he loves these glamorous covers. That Tatjana cover is something that any fashion lover would love to own and I suggest him he should try to hunt that one. Thank you Mikel!
Aaah I see what you mean now :smile: It’s like indeed a lovely cover. I’m happy I was able to buy it.

I hope you find Tatjana's cover. I saw it on instagram and it's gorgeous as well.

I'm rather ashamed to admit that I saw the Tatjana Patitz cover sat on the shelves, picked it up and put it back! I thought it was a lovely fitting tribute for a model who has given fashion and fashion fans so much throughout her remarkable career but didn't feel motivated to own a copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->