Vogue Italia March 2023 : Gisele Bündchen by Rafael Pavarotti

Love the ed, lots of better cover options there. I think the drag reference was intentional.

Imagine looking at that cover story without the lingering power of the words "Vogue Italia" and the knowledge built up over decades of what a superstar model Gisele is.

If I want to see a 2D face on a 3D body, I now know where to find it.

After seeing the entire editorial I can now breathe ahahaaha the edit is FANTASTIC and very fashion !!!
They just did not chose properly the perfect photo, it's unfortunate but Gisele still shines all the way throughout the entire story.

She looks like a opera diva, Callas or someone that profile. But...unfortunetely, she looks theatrical.

I can't believe people like this. Are standards so low nowadays? Her face literally looks like it was done from scratch in MS Paint. So amateur.
Thank you! Wigs and dramatic makeup doesn't a character make.

I see no rhyme or reason behind the styling choices here. What's the idea? Who is/are this woman/women? There's no cohesion behind the combination of wigs, makeup, clothes, poses and expressions....but, I guess that's FASHUUUUUUN for Ib and Rafael?

To her credit, Gisele's doing her best with the messiness she's been given but there's simply not enough here for this to be the kind of chameleonic character editorial that the team thinks it is (judging by that behind the scenes video, they really think they're doing something). Gisele's capable of doing character editorial, POP S/S 2004 by Mert and Marcus and Katie Grand comes to mind, but she's at her best when she plays into and elevates her Brazilian bombshell and glamazon image (as Steven Meisel and Mario Testino have captured so well over the years). I'm as happy to see her move away from her 'Earth mother' persona as everyone else but this isn't it, sorry. Maybe she feels the same? She didn't even bother posting it on her Instagram.

Side note, I see Rafael's getting quite comfortable with the limelight, trim figure, all-black suit and sunglasses in tow. He looks good.

Gisele is great model but she is not a chameleon…She is not a Raquel or a Guinevere or a Karen Elson…
She is very dynamic in her poses and it’s great to see her out of her « Mother Nature » character but she isn’t that versatile.

Not a fan of the cover.. They could’ve literally picked another image from the whole edit. The edit as a whole was good.. Good compared to everything else we are getting recently… I haven’t been thrilled as far as stars and edits in a long time, so seeing this was a visual treat. Here for the energy and star power, that’s what we’ve been missing.. Bring back mega Stars with mega covers & edits… That’s the only thing that would make me buy a Vogue now.

Versatility is a great skill for a model but also a model who can give what she do best and still amaze. Also there is a range on versatility, for example Raquel is super versatile...Gisele is versatile but her range of versatility is more restrict but that don't put down her capacity to do different things.

Btw there will be a redition of the Gisele book in april...i guess they add or replaced some pictures...

It's always funny to me how people say: any other pic they should have chosen for the cover. But we all know it's about the advertiser? They can't pick any photo they like, it needs to be the right brand for the cover.

Exactly is a business not homework. and before it wasn't like this but magazines needs to adapt to the times and make the business work....some teams are better than other in terms to keep the integrity of the magazine and still pleasing the brands.

After seeing all the March covers, I have to say that only Vogue Italia, Poland and the British will remain in our memory for a long time. Italy, because it's something extraordinary, Poland, because Anja Rubik with Inez&Vinoodh, UK, because it's the biggest disappointment.

Treated myself to a copy of this issue last week. The last time I spontaneously purchased Vogue Italia was the all-white cover during the global pandemic, so felt a little bit of nostalgia picking up a magazine I used to buy religiously, month after month.

A rather thin issue for March, and I was instantly reminded of the time I bought September 2008 with Viktoriya Sasonkina which ultimately broke the strap of the bag I was carrying due to the immense weight of the magazine. Nevertheless, Gisele is the only thing that enticed me to purchase this - the rest of the content could've been blank pages for all I care.

The cover itself looks even better in person, super glossy and feels like a premium product (as it should costing £9.99). I am still a little bit in love with the cover and accompanying story, which gives me fab flashbacks to John Galliano's early years at Christian Dior. I love Gisele portraying the golden goddess (like on Vanity Fair) but I welcome the drastic new look here. Every single element works, and I'll remember this for months and years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->