Vogue Italia May 2011 : Kristen McMenamy by Steven Meisel

i feel like there are images from this set that would've made for a stronger cover. & is it just me or does the 'swimwear' text look a bit generic (generic leaning more towards a cheapened value of something meant to be of quality)?

i feel like there are images from this set that would've made for a stronger cover. & is it just me or does the 'swimwear' text look a bit generic (generic leaning more towards a cheapened value of something meant to be of quality)?

from what set? there haven't even been any images from the main story posted...or am i missing something? :unsure: And Franca explained Vogue It's process of selecting a cover image..it's always done last, and not always done for the purpose of making a 'stronger' cover. Sometimes a cover should act as a teaser or something to allure..which is what I think this one does successfully...it makes me anticipate the inside story without giving it all away. Every Vogue IT cover doesn't need to be an edgy-fest. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Karl Templer styled :P :clap:...love his take on swimwear (although I'm not keen on the gloves here). This is probably just OG but still looking forward to the ed.

I love the cover. It's really subtle and demure. Simple styling, hair and makeup with Kristen sitting slightly slouched. There's no fuss about this cover. Though, I can do without the text.

I like the cover specially the cool toned color scheme. Kristen looks like a real life mermaid, quite mesmerizing.

I hate the "swimwear" on the front.-_- Totally ruins it.:doh: But Kristen looks great. I love it.

she kills it!! way to go! glad to see someone in her 40s on the cover this year!!!!!!

Kristen looks gorgeous, but that editorial is a sleeper. Forgettable.

Eh, not very elaborate and doesn't make for a long editorial. I do love the boys, though. And there are some very stunning pictures. I particularly like the mood and how quiet and understated the setting is in the midst of the mess. Overall, it seems a bit lazy...Meisel's play with androgyny and sexuality seem a bit different here...it's less flamboyant, and i think that's what it needs to save it. I wonder where the inspiration from this shoot came from..perhaps that would help the whole thing make more sense.

Hotel Chelsea..hmm...Any guesses ASF? dior_couture? iluvjeisa? Berlin? :wink:

ETA: the opening shot is great.

I'm not as thrilled about the cover or the ed as I am usually with a VI story featuring Kristen. But I am and will always be under her spell, moreover I also like the slightly mannequin vibe here. Plus her body is sick :buzz: :buzz:

Maybe it's a simply aesthetic preference, but I absolutely love this. I'm biased where all things Kristen and Meisel are concerned, but the raw, grunge feel to this is just perfect for me. Oh and the lighting is gorgeous!

this is absolutely perfect cover!!! :heart: and editorial looks good too

oh i LOVE this. FINALLY. i was beginning to give up on italian vogue.
the editorial slightly reminds me of irina lazareanu's january 2006 spread - which was the first issue i ever owned. MUST BUY

i love the colours though theres something off about the face i think its the hair. so is this the issue with Ann Ward

^ Yes, she should have a Beauty Supplement cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->