Vogue Italia September 2008 : Viktoriya Sasonkina by Steven Meisel

From Supplement
"A Singular Beauty"
Model: Guinevere van Seenus
Photo: Paolo Roversi

Scanned by me.

everything seems very good in this issue ...

klein's ed is very weird, non ? it looks like everything is fake, girls've been shooting in a studio and the scene behind them is fake, as is this warrior - who first annoyed me, but now not at all ....
the styling is amazing. i love that kind of things .... warrior is my stuff !!!

Fantastic issue. :crush:

Thanks so much for all the scans Diciassette (17). :flower:

Valentino HC ed and advetorial are beautiful, also "Singular beauty" is amazing, I love Roversi and his darkness!!!

I came to see the whole eds again. It's an amazing & rich issue so I wanna get 2 copies.

So happy that both special issues(March, September) are all great this year. :D

Amazing all Diciassette karma for you:heart:

I love "Eye View Of A Romantic Spirit." Bruna looks especially gorgeous. I love the shot of all of them in the Cavalli.

i don't like very much the valentino hc ed... the dresses are gorgeous but the models and the pictures not so much, very boring.
a singular beauty is awesome, it's always nice to see guinevere shot by roversi, especially in couture. daphne's ed is very steven klein...i kind of like it, but don't love it, i think it could be better considering it's daphne. i expected much more when i saw the supplement cover. i'm surprised with emma watson though, the ed as a whole is really not my style but she isn't a bad model, i really like the shot in the bathtub as i mentioned before. and she looks great in gaultier! the setting is what bothers me in some shots, like the 3rd one, she looks really good but the trees, the horse... the whole "in the forest" vibe kind of ruins it... what i absolutely LOVE is the styling of the new warriors:heart: i thought i wouldn't like that ed, considering the cast (esp. trentini), but it turned out really good.

nice to see a VI issue that is worth buying. a few disappointments but a lot of great stuff. meisel did such a great job. i just hope the october issue won't be a huge disappointment because vogue italia is much less "uniform" (not so sure if this is the right word) than vogue paris imo - the latter always have at least one good ed, and the cover is never really bad, just not as good as it could be sometimes (rarely), and VI has some amazingly good eds once in a while, and then suddenly comes out an awful cover and some boring/bad eds...

Anja, Alana, Kinga, couture, OMG, OMG...:bounce:
thx all the scans:winkiss:

Welcome to the glorious world of the screen goddess. The September issue of Italian Vogue features a Viktoriya Sosonkina editorial shot by Steven Meisel (styling by Andrew Richardson, Hair by Guido Palau and makeup by Pat McGarth). The model embraces her inner sultry starlet in this old Hollywood glamour shoot. Think Jean Harlow or Bette Davis. Viktoriya's performance is exquisite, she has the same haunting and luminous quality as the thirties bombshells. With a modern magnetism, she poses draped in satin, bejewelled cocktail dresses and trouser suits. Dressed in timeless classics she oozes high society elegance.
Beautiful and arresting.
The Vogue cover is far less interesting than the actual editorial but projects the same "bourgeois" style imposed by Linda Evangelista in the August issue.
This isn't the first time that Meisel decides to work with Viktoriya: he has shot her for Alberta Ferreti Fall/Winter 2008 and CK Jeans.

Has everything been scanned already? Amazing :woot: Thank you so much!

Who is it with Kinga in the Daphne Guinness ed? I see another girl in that shot where they're in the water...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->