Vogue Japan June 2020 : Abby, Bente, Mika, Hannah & Shanelle by Luigi & Iango

Would have been better with just Abby and Mika. They both look beautiful and seem like a nice compliment for each other...a tighter cropped portrait shot of the two of them would have been pretty.

Why they don't have solo digital cover like they done before this??

Vogue Japan June 2020

Simply Beautiful

Photographer: Luigi & Iango
Stylist: Anna Dello Russo
Hair: Luigi Murenu
Makeup: Georgi Sandev
Manicure: Typhaine Kersual
Cast: Abby Champion, Bente Oort, Mika Schneider, Hannah Motler

[URL='http://imgbox.com/EMfcIzC4']
oQEspUK9_t.jpg
[/URL]
f4JGw9lS_t.jpg

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

Vogue Japan June 2020

The Renaissance of Rila

Photographer: Jiro Konami
Stylist: Saori Masuda
Hair: Takayuki Nukui
Makeup: Kotomi
Manicure: Naoko Takano
Cast: Rila Fukushima

[URL='http://imgbox.com/anGMQ9GO']
HaqhfCHF_t.jpg
[/URL]
Dgl2JfLx_t.jpg

Vogue Japan June 2020

Vogue Beauty: Guarding Against the Element

Photographer: Alexi Lubomirski
Stylist: Tina Chai
Hair: Kenna
Makeup: Lisa Houghton
Manicure: Maki Sakamoto
Cast: Sijia Kang, Yidan Huang

[URL='http://imgbox.com/R3ZxJvdk']
HYdbuS9r_t.jpg
[/URL]
JBwyh2vi_t.jpg

Vogue Japan June 2020

Simply Beautiful

Photographer: Xavier Tera
Stylist: Naoko Shiina
Hair & Makeup: Akemi Nakano
Cast: Haruko Ayase

[URL='http://imgbox.com/5OTv9gTi']
31TnQszO_t.jpg
[/URL]

Thanks Benn98 :flower:.

Nearly eight years after 'you need a fashion shower' ("take your muse to dance, fashion loves music!" - yes, I did just listen to it again), who would think Anna Dello Russo would be the one editor to really push fashion forward in a positive way. It feels like such a rare treat to see Yohji in magazines these days!

Oh and Bente is so overrated (that bloody bowl cut, nope!). People cry about how/act as if diversity has killed creativity in fashion (or "forced diversity") :rolleyes: but we still have mediocre white girls like her sweeping up top level work, so don't see the problem yo! Abby is a star though, big things ahead for her I hope.

Last edited:
Thanks Benn and thanks Vogue Japan for giving us some fashion and not another #stayathome editorial! We get it, celebs and editors are in quarantine. But personally I want to see something else and distract myself if I read Vogue, a book, watch a movie..

Oh and Bente is so overrated (that bloody bowl cut, nope!). People cry about how/act as if diversity has killed creativity in fashion (or "forced diversity") :rolleyes: but we still have mediocre white girls like her sweeping up top level work, so don't see the problem yo! Abby is a star though, big things ahead for her I hope.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Granted I am one of those who detest the type of forced diversity in certain (not all!) magazines because it essentially dictates creativity as opposed to the other way around, I do agree with you regarding girls like Bente. Imo we have just another Dutch blonde (because we've simply not had enough of them by now) only this time......with a bowl cut, just to 'edge' things up. Don't see the it-factor at all. The one shot where she commands my attention as a model is the 3rd one. Very wispy and ethereal. Anyway, the highlight of that edit isn't the models, it's the styling. It's not even anything groundbreaking, but it's just so beautiful and consistent. I'd have left out the LV look though or just shoot it from the waist down but I suppose King Nicolas wouldn't allow any LV in print that is not a head to toe look.

Jiro Konami's edit should really have been something special but Gucci and every magazine who copies their aesthetic have really ruined kitsch for everyone to the point that it looks as generic as a grey walled studio shoot.

Everything from the random model selection to the colours, I find weak and disappointing. Perhaps I have come to expect a great deal from Luigi & Iango but this simply doesn't cut it for me and can safely say I haven't liked a single VJ x Luigi & Iango cover throughout 2020, so far!

I disagree I think Bente shines in this editorial than most of the other girls in the cast (except Abby). She reminds me of the models of the early 00’s and having seen her in other magazines I think she’s a icon in the making!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->