Vogue Japan September 2014 : Perfect Icons by Luigi & Iango

Absolute perfection.

Admittedly, I was disappointed when that epic teaser cover with Linda in the platinum hair was revealed to be just that -- a teaser. But this more than makes up for it. This is the type of cover that I would dream to see on the September issue of American Vogue. And although no one is ever going to be satisfied with line-up of models, they did a great job with this group! I am IN AWE! And what a surprise to see Nadja again!

Of course, there's a con: Finding this issue is going to be difficult. Uggh.

I LOVE THIS!! But can someone explain why it folds out to the left? It's been bothering me since I saw it. How the hell does that work in print?

I so love the cast but I don´t like the styling, specially on the main cover... Linda´s head seems to be floating. And the text overload kinda ruins the minimalist effect that I think they were after.

I LOVE THIS!! But can someone explain why it folds out to the left? It's been bothering me since I saw it. How the hell does that work in print?
Most Japanese magazines are bound on the right side of the page to follow the traditional way of the people who read their words from right to left vertically. So it's like reading your regular magazine backwards.

Japanese magazines are "backwards", they read right to left. Check it out with some random Manga-book at a newsstand or whatever! :P

I personally love this cover. I think the cast is perfect. There's no one I feel like is missing (sure, I could think of a few more girls I would have wanted to see on this) or who seems out of place. I love the styling. It's very Luigi & Iango in a good way. I love what they did here and can't wait to see more!

I can't help but like this, I'm glad VJ didn't go down the multi-cover route. It's not been a good year cover wise for VJ but I'll probably get this for like the first time in ages.

Full Cast
Saskia de Brauw
Tao Okamoto
Carolyn Murphy
Eva Herzigova
Malgosia Bela
Mariacarla Boscono
Natasha Poly
Guinevere van Seenus
Karen Elson
Maggie Rizer
Claudia Schiffer
Nadja Auermann
Stephanie Seymour
Linda Evangelista
Naomi Campbell

:woot:

That photoshop aint foolin no one, but it's impossible to not be excited with a cast like this. I love the clean look of the shots also.

Thank you for enlightening me, Flashbang and Psylocke!

In Hebrew we also read and write from right to left

Saskia.newsletter.jpg

dnamodels

Great cover
Saskia looks lovely & pretty on this cover :heart: & Carolyn Murphy can't do wrong :crush:

Last edited by a moderator:
They forgot about Raquel Zimmermann and who else?

great covers featuring some of my favourite models though i have to mention the lack of variety its only caucasian models. Where is Liya in the shot with Maggie Rizers and where is Joan in the last cover?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->