Vogue Mexico & Latin America December 2020/January 2021 : Selena Gomez by Dario Calmese

It's an okay cover, with different hair maybe it's will be better. This is the most sophisticate / high fashion she ever look.

The plants are swallowing her.

There's something that bugs me about her face facing the same direction as the plants. I don't even know why. I really like how the outfit pops out though.

The styling kills it. They could have gone straight up romantic. There was potential but that outfit looks so misplaced in that setting.

In print this cover will look better.

A model would've elevated this x100 with a stronger pose.
I wonder what's the 'narrative' for this cover considering this photographer is always driven by 'narratives'. :rolleyes:
The stuff these new guard photographers sometimes say, lol.

Also, Karla, you're better than this. You don't need Selena Gomez on your cover.

I agree that there’s something off putting with the styling and the setting. it’s ok, Selena looks different and not in a bad way.

The backgroud is divine, but she looks forced to modelling & pose to the front of the camera.

The cover editorial reminds me of her Vogue USA shoot. I like it.
However, that cover doesn't do anything to me. It looks... forced.

Vogue Mexico December 2020/January 2021

Selena Y Su Momento

Photographer: Dario Calmese
Stylist: Yashua Simmons
Hair: Marissa Marino
Makeup: Melissa Murdick
Cast: Selena Gomez

Vogue Mexico Digital Edition

Reliquias Festivas

Photographer: Alvaro Beamud Cortes
Stylist: Aline de Beauclaire
Hair: Lorenzo Barcella
Makeup: Luciano Chiarello
Cast: Beauise Bagmeijer

Belleza: Causa Y Efecto

Photographer: Elliot & Erick
Stylist: Jessica Willis
Hair: Gonn Kinoshita
Makeup: Pep Gay
Cast: Natalia Montero

Last edited:

Estilo Vogue: Accesorios - Cambio Di Direccion

Photographer: Juan Hernandez
Stylist: Karla Martinez de Salas
Hair & Makeup: Gustavo Bortolotti
Cast: Sara Esparza

A model would've elevated this x100 with a stronger pose.
I wonder what's the 'narrative' for this cover considering this photographer is always driven by 'narratives'. :rolleyes:
The stuff these new guard photographers sometimes say, lol.

Also, Karla, you're better than this. You don't need Selena Gomez on your cover.

No idea why this Dario person seems insistent on a narrative, because there’s nothing remotely resembling a cohesive aesthetic in the coverstory. It’s very celebrity InStyle sort of randomness. Selena is harmless and utterly forgettable as a star, but some publications and photographers have presented her in a bearable sensibility— like WSJ. Here, she resembles a 12yo playing dressup in her mum's closet here.

The sole saving grace is Alvaro Beaumud Cortés’s “Reliquias Festivas” shoot with its evocative, romantic and hauntingly old-world allure. And Beauise is like the lovechild of Tatjana Patitz and Milla Jovovich.

(Does the reprint of Sebastian Faena’s Monica Bellucci story count as a supporting edit? The aesthetic surprisingly fits with VM’s sensibility and works stronger than it did for that other Vogue.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->