Vogue Mexico & Latin America February 2024 : Georgina Rodriguez by Javier Biosca

I expect to see someone like her doing something that belongs to the Instagram world, but Karla Martinez's polished vision saves her. That happens when someone with class it's behind a magazine. Besides that, her beauty is not my cup of tea, but this looks simple and just pretty.

For me another disaster from VM....everything is so lazy....even her Guess campaigns are much better than this...Karla used to have a vision but i think after the pandemic is gone gone away...

Wow, much better than I was expecting :innocent::stuart: and she was born in Argentina so technically, we have a latina celeb on the cover.
I wish she was looking at the camera though...

Eye contact always makes the difference for a cover. The B&W is the pretty one as I said, but this is far from the good old days.

Given that so much in fashion has become lifeless, I have a soft spot for Guess ads, because they're consistent in selling you their own version of glamorous vulgarity, a world where everyone always has big hair.

Seeing Georgina on this cover, in a more simple look, feels low-energy in comparison to those campaigns.

Who knew that a day would come when Guess would beat Vogue at creating better content. I thought she was a terrible model until I saw her Guess work and realized that the team behind the Vogue cover and spread actually created that IG mess.

GUESS-Global-Advertising-Campaign-Fall-2023-_-Georgina-Rodriguez.jpg

WWD

Cristiano Ronaldo’s baby momma
I was just about to ask because both covers are very dull, to begin with. And I certainly don't rate Guess ads, they're far too gauche for my taste.
A sharp photographer and stylist could have pushed the first cover to Elvira/Morticia Addams heights, but they'd have needed the right talent for that. I don't think she has the range.

If you squint at the colored cover, it sort of looks like Charli XCX.

Both covers are beautiful. I love their simplicity, polish, gloss, and elegance. Vogue Mexico publishes some of my favorite covers these days. The story looks good as well.

All for the sense of simplicity here. However, my biggest pet peeve of subjects not engaging and looking directly out to us readers is killing these two covers for me. The first and second editorial images from #7 are just SCREAMING to be turned into covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->