Vogue Mexico & Latin America September 2023 : Cardi B by Alique

That blue thing is a monstrosity, so I prefer the black one and I think Cardi B is a refreshing choice. I must say I really commend Vogue Mexico for doing the best job of giving us a wide range of women (singers, actresses, models, supermodels) where diversity seems natural instead of forced.

This closeup in the second pic of this post is absolutely stunning!

The cover with the cropped shot is the best. The retouching is not that good it makes her look plastic.

Funny how one of the blurbs mentions supermodels, yet there is another celebrity on the cover.

maybe it's just me - but i don't get the hype around Cardi B at all.
She may be smart and outspoken, but i know only one song of her that keeps sticking in my head.

The close up is the best one....it was a nice try...but that big blue coat is horrible.....
The black one but cropped could have been a good choice too

That blue coat (?) is a monstrosity! Horrendous. I wish they would get together a decent team to shoot these stars sometimes. No wonder a lot of musicians want to dictate what photographer/stylist/hair and make-up they work with for magazine editorial shoots when their album covers etc. look infinitely superior to what Vogue and so on do for them. I am against it, but let's keep it real here.

Mixed feelings…
On on hand, I like Cardi B and I think this is the exact kind of make-over i want to see in Vogue however, what a terrible retouching or photos or whatever mess this is.

‘She looks orange and sweaty, the lighting is horrendous. I mean, a mess!

Look at Cardi outmodeling the supermodels LOL There is more charisma and glamour here than the American and British covers this month. I think Cardi looks absolutely fabulous, her hair looks flawless and she's really serving us the glam. I always liked Alique's work, it's been a while since I last saw that name in any magazine so this came as a nice little surprise. Very pleasantly surprised by this outcome, can't remember the last time I appreciated a cover from this edition.

Great Hair!
Looks like the inspiration for the shooting was Jocelyn Wildenstein. Quite brave.

She looks so beautiful in the photo with the white shirt and sequin skirt. I’m not a fan of her music but I’m absolutely loving that she got this cover!

That blue coat (?) is a monstrosity! Horrendous. I wish they would get together a decent team to shoot these stars sometimes. No wonder a lot of musicians want to dictate what photographer/stylist/hair and make-up they work with for magazine editorial shoots when their album covers etc. look infinitely superior to what Vogue and so on do for them. I am against it, but let's keep it real here.

But it's on brand for Cardi B. :smilingwsmilingeyes: It's the sort of tacky, OTT look you'll find on the red carpet of any given Grammy Awards.
Honestly I just assumed this was done by her personal stylist because she managed to get her hair stylist on board. Wonder if this person is on the masthead. Hope not, because everything on their Instagram looks gauche.

Surprised there's so little commentary around the criminal retouching of her body on the Saint Laurent cover. It's a literal hourglass silhouette and that is not her true shape. This is so crazy. Takes away from everything else.
Also surprised that Karla would greenlight such a cover because it's so far removed from what she has been shaping since she started as EIC,. She gave this magazine so much identity through culture, and featuring natural-looking women. Or maybe that was Valentina Collado all along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->