Vogue Netherlands May 2017 : Gigi Hadid by Serge Leblon

Terrible, TERRIBLE work by Leblon. Again Im speechless about the lack of vision at the Vogue Nl edit board. They must have thought; "oh well its Gigi, who cares about the quality...."

It might be worth noting that the editor in chief of Vogue NL made some controversial remarks in an interview couple of weeks ago in the Netherlands in a free newspaper. Some really ill advised words about the lack of decent models of color and therefor sticking to more familiar Caucasian faces. A stupefying and utterly ignorant choice of words. How is she dealing with the **** storm now? Well how about shooting another Dutch blonde for an upcoming cover?

Last edited by a moderator:
So sick of seeing that Tommy x Gigi collection. Its a Vogue cover, show some actual fashion and not overpriced rubbish marketed at teenagers.

Terrible, TERRIBLE work by Leblon. Again Im speechless about the lack of vision at the Vogue Nl edit board. They must have thought; "oh well its Gigi, who cares about the quality...."

It might be worth noting that the editor in chief of Vogue NL made some controversial remarks in an interview couple of weeks ago in the Netherlands in a free newspaper. Some really ill advised words about the lack of decent models of color and therefor sticking to more familiar Caucasian faces. A stupefying and utterly ignorant choice of words. How is she dealing with the **** storm now? Well how about shooting another Dutch blonde for an upcoming cover?

Oh that somehow ended up in my feed, her justification was the worst imo. So Imaan is the only successful (Dutch) model of colour? Fair enough. But guess what, despite that Imaan is still sitting with only one cover. Perhaps if she'd pull her head out of Doutzen's backside for a minute she'll find there's actually a vast line up of other girls doing the rounds now. But I guess in her opinion they're not really Dutch so it doesn't count.

Like I've said after Dutch HB was launched - the wrong editor ended up at Vogue. Cecile N should have been here instead of Swerink, who simply haven't the taste nor the eye to edit any edition of Vogue. Glamour is even too good for her!

One more cover for the socialite. When will this end? More ordinary only Lottie Moss, next to Gigi, Kendall can pass for a proper model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow at that ed?!?!? Huh? How? Why? What is that? I have seen backstage images that had more life, energy and Fashion in them! How can a Vogue title even try to pass this!!

Lol, everything looks so cheap. And please shut your mouth, Hadid!

So many good Dutch models at the moment, and yet again Gigi Hadid. Enough!

I'm usually the first one to praise a Vogue cover with Gigi Hadid but this most definitely isn't her finest moment. Everything about the cover is just.. naff!

I'm usually the first one to praise a Vogue cover with Gigi Hadid but this most definitely isn't her finest moment. Everything about the cover is just.. naff!

Same here. But in this case, it feels like Vogue NL is to blame. This screams their identity more than that of Gigi

I feel like there's no difference between the two these days. :lol::rolleyes:

Fair enough, I would probably have to agree! Gigi is 'going to secure peace in the Middle East' according to Tommy Hilfiger after all :rolleyes:.. what planet are these people on

A GLIMPSE OF GIGI
PHOTOGRAPHER: SERGE LEBLON
STYLING: DIMPHY DEN OTTER
HAIR: BRYCE SCARLETT
MAKE UP: ERIN PARSONS

visualizing.fashion

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndresKlayr