Vogue Belgium Issue #1 : Hanne Gaby Odiele by Serge Leblon

sixtdaily

Reaction score
We are very proud to announce that @hannegabysees is on the first cover of VOGUE BELGIUM , shot by Serge Leblon #Production by Adrien Gras #Hair by Louis Ghewy #MakeUp by @sofiexs

No additional info on this new edition of Vogue yet...

Is the magazine size different or just the vogue logo smaller? I can't really tell it from the iPhone.

I´m lost. Is this a special "belgium" edition by Vogue Netherlands? why call it VB and then have the Nederland in the masthead?

I generally like Serge Leblon's work but this photo does not work as a cover for me. Maybe if it would've been some indie magazine or something, not Vogue though.

Lovely cover but yeah I don't understand the Belgium part if Nederland is in the masterhead.

So there's a Vogue Belgium now, but where is the promised Vogue Arabia?

I'm confused by this cover. They even have their own instagram account but why there's Nederland in the O? Also, I expect something better than this. The cover challenge has better layout than this.

Maybe this is specific to the Flemish speaking region of Belgium which aligns itself more with the Netherlands?

Very confusing, heard nothing about the new edition, and this cover is awful!

I hardly doubt they would launch a Vogue Belgium edition. The demographic is so small and they speak the same language as in Holland. Vogue Netherlands is also on sale in Belgium. A special edition makes more sense. It even says "Belgian edition" in the upper right corner.

Yes I think it's a supplement for Vogue NL, I wonder if they will have it each month?! And apparently it's only 32 pages?!

Produce Vogue worthy covers first please before franchising out

The Belgians are really a pushy bunch! Why would they need their own Vogue, even if it is a supplement? If there must be another Vogue in Europe it may as well be Poland. Even all of South America (except Brazil - due to the language) must be content with 1 x issue!

Anyway, this cover does nothing for me irrespective of the photographer. It's too corny and softened.

^ are you kidding me? the belgians have done more for fashion (and continue to do so) than poland, ukraine, greece, netherlands and portugal combined.. add contemporary spanish fashion in there too.. man, they've done more than the brits in my eyes *sets benn on fire* (just kidding :lol:- but not entirely). If there's a tiny country with insignificant population that needs a proper publication with all types of honors, that's Belgium. They just need to make sure it goes on sale internationally, past potential belgian consumers.. I'd buy it.. I'd buy Belgian Elle every month if I knew where (they had this AF Vandevorst special some time ago.. who can say that? nobody!).

It's actually outrageous Belgian Vogue, of all things, comes out as a pitiful supplement and out of all magazines, a supplement for freakin' Vogue Netherlands. It's like Vogue Nippon, "the supplement", for Vogue Hellas, explain? :lol:.. but this world is all kinds of irrational nonsense these days so, okay...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's actually outrageous Belgian Vogue, of all things, comes out as a pitiful supplement and out of all magazines, a supplement for freakin' Vogue Netherlands.

Hey there! I'm insulted!!!!

^_^

^ meant it in the best possible way! haha.. I do applaud their enthusiasm (esp with fonts :lol:).

^the funny thing is that they had the courage to publish a Belgian edition, albeit supplementary, when they can't even get their act together. Lol. Mad props to that courage though!

@MulletProof, it's like Vogue Australia Chinese Supplement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciadiazb
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->