Vogue Paris December 2016/January 2017 : Karl Lagerfeld & Lily-Rose Depp by Hedi Slimane

Granddad and grandchild! The same boring concept als Cindy with Kaia on Vogue Netherlands. Karl looks like he's been to a plastic surgeon like Michael Jackson, Lily looks lovely but brings nothing extra. I expected more from Hedi, this is very bland from him: a standard family portrait.

Yikes, so unimpressive!! This looks like a candid from any of Chanel's shows, just with a dull backdrop. I'm guessing there will be more covers, or that the content will make up for it.

I am a bit shocked to see her choice of "models" to grace this fashion bible in 2016

Gigi Hadid 2X
Bella Hadid
Cindy Crawfords daughter
Johnny Depps daughter
Lottie Moss (Kate Moss daughter or sister)

But I am happy to see Karl!

Last edited by a moderator:
Was excited that Karl edited, but this cover is such a let down!! Sick of Lily on covers!! And why not a tad more festive?!

Eh, but at least Karl is not on the cover with Kendall.

I kinda like it tbh, except Karl's face looks weird here..

I think Lily-Rose looks smashing, she's giving off more attitude than ever before. Karl looks like a wax version of himself, though.

Looks like he's helping her out of the club after way too many shots.

What a lame cover.

I am a bit shocked to see her choice of "models" to grace this fashion bible in 2016

Gigi Hadid 2X
Bella Hadid
Cindy Crawfords daughter
Johnny Depps daughter

Indeed. I've been buying this magazine religiously for more than two decades, but i think this is the end of the line for me. Absolutely mediocre.

Karl looks like Michael Jackson here, what happened?! I'm glad he's not on the cover alone, but I would have preferred another muse... I hope the content is better, because for now I'm disappointed.

All this waiting for it....
Bored by VP.
Girl on the right in "Ça, c'est Paris" is Othilia Simon, french model.

Looks like he's helping her out of the club after way too many shots
Ah ah my thoughts exactly !

Lily Rose doesn't look like herself. I would not mind to see these hair and attitude on Cara Delevingne for example but after watching several interviews of the becoming actress Lily Rose Depp, I would have had more expectations. There she looks lazy.

Maybe it's a multicover issue, no ?

Gigi Hadid 2X
Bella Hadid
Cindy Crawfords daughter
Johnny Depps daughter

So true. the only truly nice cover was Iselin's and maybe Luna.

Here's to hoping that it's a multi-cover.

But.. Karl had a say on this cover choice right?

I took better photos of a plant for a project than this. Hire me?

Look at her hand slumped over his shoulder, if this was a good model, we would not see that! It's incredibly painful for me to see these girls being passed as models, and getting all the covers, when they bring NOTHING to the table! There is no attitude, no enegry, and no Fashion to speak of here!

It has been a horrible year for fashion magazines!

This is such a terrible cover, and Karl deserved better, it indeed looks like he is offering a drunk teen support as she leaves the nightclub, wasted out of her mind. NOT the vibe i wan't on my Vogue cover, especially not for Christmas issue!

The day Alt is out of VP, i will throw a party, she is a horrible eic!

Shocked that someone wrote she looks smashing, smashed more like it!

This is such a terrible cover, and Karl deserved better, it indeed looks like he is offering a drunk teen support as she leaves the nightclub, wasted out of her mind. NOT the vibe i wan't on my Vogue cover, especially not for Christmas issue!

Did he deserve better? This cover is clearly an ad for Chanel, that i presume he approved. The fact no one bothers(or can) photograph Karl as a human being, but settle for this mummy image he sells as a brand, tell us all we need to know about the intentions of all of those involved when creating this cover.

Look at her hand slumped over his shoulder, if this was a good model, we would not see that! It's incredibly painful for me to see these girls being passed as models, and getting all the covers, when they bring NOTHING to the table! There is no attitude, no energy, and no Fashion to speak of here!

It has been a horrible year for fashion magazines!

Agreed!! Li Edelkoort's thoughts on the state of fashion magazines right now is suddenly quite relevant and spot on. This is such a wasted opportunity, especially when compared to Tom Ford's cover!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Karl deserved better

Then he should have done better.

He had a say on this right? This is not just Alt's vision anymore. If this is tragic, then it has a lot to say about both of them. I would never allow my muse to wear that. I would never even pose with my muse like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ultraheavn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->