Vogue Paris June/July 2006 : Jennifer Connelly by David Sims

... in balenciaga perhaps? :woot: :P

12f.jpg

style.com

From Demi Moore to Nicole Kidman,from Sharon Stone to Jennifer Connelly, Vogue Paris is so letting me down. :sick: At least, bring us a French actress,Carine?

I do have to agree with you Amor. France and Europe have such an abundance of beautiful, talented and unique actressess to showcase. No more bland Americans please!

cover

Does anyone have the image of this month's cover?

Jennifer Connely is always a good choice for a Vogue cover!Loved her Us Vogue spread!
And as for beautiful French and Europeians girls!When will you people realize in what kind of world are we living in?
That dosent sell magazines and we live in a culture were fame is more important than beauty!!

^ So what? We all know that!
That doesn't sell mags? Well it's not important to me at all...

Jennifer connelly? OH NOOOOOO I hope not :(

I quite like Jennifer Connolly's look actually - so icily beautiful. I don't see her as a bland American at all. If a celeb cover is done well, there's nothing wrong with that..... so I'll wait until I see it first before lambasting it!

I quite like Jennifer Connelly. Her US Vogue ed was absolutely gorgeous. It could be a lot worse - it could be Paris Hilton for crying out loud!

You are so easily satisfied! Sometimes it's nice to have high standards. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
1karina1 said:
No more bland Americans please!
let's not generalise, there are still one or two american actresses left who happen to have a brain. :wink:

Normally I am against actress covers but Jennifer Connelly is an intelligent, talented and radiant woman. I wouldn't lump her in with some of the dim starlets who get loads of magazine covers but have nothing to say. She strikes me as a strong unique woman. I love her and Paul Bettany and I'll be interested to see this cover.

^Ditto.

I've loved her since she was 15 and played Sarah in Labyrinth! It's always been a favourite film of mine, and since my name's Sarah too, I pretended to be her in it. ^_^ But I digress, I think she's an extremely strong and intelligent actress, and her look is breathtaking. I can't wait to see.

I'm not against Ms.Connelly, but the trend of putting actresses on covers is really annoying. There is already a Vogue US, i dont want more,especially not Vogue Paris. Hope Vogue Italia will always be what it is now.
Btw it seems French actresses are even not as popular as Hollywood chicks in their native Paris. :innocent:

I love Jennifer Connelly. There's nothing bland about her, IMO.

And I would love to hear some suggestions from people who complain about American actresses being bland, who are your great actresses from Europe?

^ I actually think she's bland, I don't think all people in USA are bland though.

I've been waiting for this thread...!!
I hoped to see a real model on the cover though...

I've been pondering this for a while now..... because I think it's getting a tad ridiculous how people cry out in aghast as soon as they sniff out an actress being on a cover of a magazine....

Does that mean an actress by profession is not worthy to be on a cover? I know the vast majority here would prefer models as opposed to actresses. But what if an actress is AS photo-genic as a model but just happens to be an actress. For example, if Mischa Barton was a model instead of an actress and she was on the cover of Vogue, would we be boo-hooing over her being on the cover? Isn't it better to judge a cover by its aesthetic merits rather than the person's profession? An actress on a cover can look just as good as a model. I've seen bad covers from both sides. Is a bad Gemma Ward cover a whole lot more preferable to a really great Cate Blanchett cover?

Jennifer Connolly was a model prior to being an actress - but oh deary me....she entered into the realms of being an actress and ergo she can no longer grace magazine covers??? I actually think the model:actress ratio on covers is still pretty much weighted on models if we count ALL magazines - mainstream and independent, and with publications like Vogue, being THE mainstream fashion magazine - it's not surprising for them to venture into celeb land every now and then.

I don't want to offend but seeing as this Paris Vogue cover hasn't even been posted yet.... I think people are a little quick to judge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->