Vogue Poland October 2018 : Monika JAC Jagaciak by Zuza Krajewska

moonmoon

Reaction score
Monika wearign MISBHV dress with Polish Dance group in Chicago. Nice cover !

This doesn't work for a cover AT ALL! Way too cluttered and it looks like one of those corny tourist ads cooked up by an unimaginative PR team. Anyway, it's odd to see such a smiley cover for a Polish magazine, because it's certainly not a a country I associate with smiles to be honest.

Posting the cover again because it didn't show on Moonmoon's post......

Someone got inspired with their visit at the Dolce & Gabbana archives.

This is tragic. Its too messy! Where’s the focal point of the cover?

And I don’t get why they’re dressed like that? It looks like a traditional family sending a post card go their family back at home. That’s what this is giving me. And I mean that in no offense

All I see are the smiles, and that's saying something.

Is that a man blocked out by Jac's head at the back, holding his hands aloft? "Look out for me - my right eye made it onto the cover of Vogue!"

There's nothing I like about it. Reminds me of a souvenir postcard or a poster for a folklore show with beauty pageants. A mess.

All this cultural looks & stuff AND..................... CHICAGO? (I read it right, right?)

They should have gone with the whole package and shoot it in Poland, not that it would make much difference. Why Chicago?
I found it horrid at first but I'm starting to like it (a bit). It's daring and unexpected. It looks busy overall but the composition looks ok (even though the man's head in the back is hidden?!) and I like all the colors.
The traditional Polish costumes are gorgeous, I'm kind of glad and proud to see these on a Vogue cover.

All this cultural looks & stuff AND..................... CHICAGO? (I read it right, right?)

Maybe this group is or will be performing in Chicago, but even then, how random! Lol. That debut cover was just a bait, their tackiness is slowly unraveling.

Seems to me like a strong statement about immigration policies in the US...

Not sure why so many people aren't liking this. I love it. Its colorful and happy.

Never thought I'd see Chicago featured in Vogue :smile:

We have a lot of Polish people here and the city also observes Pulaski Day and we get the day off :P

Oh wow, jeez. HAHAHA! So cheap! Kudos for the full on Polish invasion but it could have been done so much more gracefully.

My adoptive mother is Polish. I joke with her that Korea is the Poland of Europe.

It's cool to see an underrepresented culture on the cover of an International VOGUE, even if it is VOGUE Polska; the irony on top of irony is ironical. I enjoy the old vs new cultural representation but this looks more like a postcard or tourist photo then well-executed fashion image.

What's next, Martha Stewart antics in Krakow?

Ok, so i had my copy this morning.
And - first of all - i like this cover because for me, this cover has a lot of sense of humor. It's like: dont treat fashion so serious!
Maybe the scarf on models head is little bit too literal, but overall i think is great, funny, colourfull cover as nice as autumn in Poland.

But, my first experience this morning at local shop with magazines was: where's Vogue? - I could't find it. I needed to ask where new issue is located on the shelf. Shopkeeper said: here, in front of your eyes! - Oh.. This cover disappears among dozens of other colorful newspapers! Sales error :smile:

When it comes to the content there's three big editorials:

"Jak to się robi w Chicago" model Jac ph. Zuza Krajewska (continuation of cover story)
"Płaszcze zostawiamy w szatni?" model Ola Rudnicka ph, Magda Wuensche&Aga Samsel (taken in Zacheta National Art Gallery in Warsaw, main subject: coats)
"Było nie minęło" - model Nora Attal, ph. Sonia Szóstak - beautiful, retro mood, taken in Italy.

Oh lord... I have to laugh because its the only way that I can deal with it.

Its too much information. This cover wants to be amusing, weird, comercial and fashion forward at the same time. Terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->