Vogue Portugal September 2020 by José Santana

Ok we all hate this new trend Vogue magazines worldwide are going with and I am still undecided it this one is worse than the blank image by Italian Vogue lol but what freaks me out even more than all the s*** we have seen this year on covers and inside magazines under the covid-19 period, is the fact that these teams TRULY believe they are being creative !!! Nowadays Condé Nast throws a word (`Hope´or whatever) or a social issue they think we want to focus on, then create some artistic silly cover and call it a day. Anna WAKE THE HELL UP ! The same for these teams worldwide.

Oh, thank you so much for the hope you provided me with this month, Vogue Portugal. :rolleyes:

I love how Anna is already being mentioned twice as being to blame for this. The theme “Hope” is incredibly broad and you can claim it thematically applies to just about any image you create. Very hard to make the case that anyone’s creativity or vision was stifled by such a generic brief. Anna’s September issue is very lackluster, imo, but at least she commissioned acclaimed artists to paint covers, and those covers featured images of women wearing fashion. I didn’t love it but it had some artistic value, IMO. She can hardly be blamed that Vogue Portugal decided a wrinkled scrap of polyester represented hope. Most editions didn’t even choose images with a clear interpretation of the theme “Hope”, so their success or utter failure rests entirely on the shoulders of the individual teams that produced them.

Last edited:
This has got the be the worst one of the bunch yet.

Reactions: KoV
what ever happened with this magazine? I’m seriously asking because a few years ago they were putting to shame literally everyone.
Did they change the EIC?

Zzzzzzzzzz
(They do think this is groundbreaking, I assume?)

This is beyond horrible, it's a disgrace to release this.
Because of the virus and the lock down people will be so much more careful with money - does VP really think anyone will spend their money on this??

I really think magazines are making fun of us like how stupid can the cover be and people will still buy it!

What on earth...
tenor.gif

tenor.com

I hate this "Hope" concept and so far hated all the covers but I hate this one a little less...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cerezitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->