Vogue Russia August 2017 : Birgit Kos by Olivier Zahm

Yes Birgit get those covers! I love her so much.

Hate the styling. She looks like a court jester.

I'm not sure whether the dress works against that backdrop, but she looks stunning. Once again a very glamorous cover for Vogue Russia. And good on them to get Zahm, I suppose.

Birgit, Kris Grikaite and Cara Taylor all look variations of one another to me, but great that she got this. It's a good first Vogue cover to have.

I don't know if it's just the poor quality of the picture, but her eyes look funny :/ Not sure I like it.

:clap:Birgit:clap:
Not even that impressed with the actual cover, Its nice, tho I know it can be miles better with another photog. But very glad and happy for her.

wow OZ is shooting Vogue covers now? I expected something different. I don't mind it, hate whatever she's wearing though

Love Birgit and so happy she is getting cover but I dont like the facial expression here and sure they had better shots of her for the cover
She doesnt really look like herself

Oh, I love this!
Love her stark look against the bright, breezy background.

I'm a massive Birgit fan and delighted for her but I find it quite harsh on her face, seen far better images of her. I'm still bitter she was robbed of a Vogue Germany cover from that Peter Lindbergh editorial from a few months ago though lol

I love Birgit but this cover is not so good in my opinion. I don't get the femme fatale styling in combination with the background (which Vogue Russia loves btw, I can recall at least a three covers with a similar background in the last two years).

Nice to see her on another cover this month after Vogue Germany.

Too much airbrushing, bizarre. She's a star though, no doubt.

Happy for Birgit but I was not expecting this when opening the thread. The dress doesn't suit the background. And the make up looks a bit harsh on her which makes her quite unrecognizable. As if her natural beauty has been hidden behind it. Not a fan even though I love her!

Doesn't look like her. Idk what they did to her face.

Vogue Beauty: Alena Blohm by James Meakin
Birgit Kos by Olivier Zahm, styled by Zolototrubova
Katie Moore by Peter Ash Lee, styled by Dunina
Valery Kaufman by Nicolas Kantor, styled by Dunina (1 photo)
Erin Wasson, Magdalena Frackowiak & Ilona Stolie by Olivier Zahm, styled by Zolototrubova
Amanda & Brooklyn Sudano by Brigitte Sire, styled by Gena Tuso
Lena Hardt by Tanya & Zhenya Posternak, styled by Catherine Newell-Hanson
Lorna Foran & Amandine Choquet by Joan Braun, styled by Zolototrubova

preview for september: hard to id from this angle brunette by Sebastian Kim

Thanks for the review, Magfan! :flower: Odd to see not one but Zahm edits in this issue. Must say I'm all of a sudden interested in what Vogue Russia have to say ever since they stopped the Demarchelier madness. Would like to see Olga's two edits, and how Zahm expanded the cover image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->