Vogue Russia June 2019 : Imaan Hammam by Chris Colls

I don't like the colors, it is too dark it needs more energy.

This is gorgeous. On top of being stunning, she has such a strong presence. Easily one of the best models we have at the moment.

Hate the styling, and I'm not sure why this cover reminds me of Giampaolo Sgura's work, but I'm happy for Imaan. Do hope that there's another cover with better styling.

It is a bit dark and muted but Imaan looks absolutely stunning!

Stunning shot, I love these colours, they make the cover very sophisticated. Also, it's nice to see amodel of colour on the cover of Vogue Russia.

Also, it's nice to see amodel of colour on the cover of Vogue Russia.

Their record is actually abysmal when it comes to covers (I think this is the first one under the new EIC), but they do book a diverse cast for the content which must mean they're not inherently problematic.

Celia Azoulay is really better off freelancing for international Vogues instead of styling beauty/jewellery stories for VP. The reality is that she'll never get a cover under Alt.

Took an instant like to this upon first look earlier, think it's near perfect and that's good enough for me nowadays. Always nice to see Imaan Hammam land the cover of Vogue, growing increasingly fond of Colls' work, love the use of the Hermes and oddly enough I'm even a fan of the pale masthead.

Find a difference with previous cover with Kendall... it’s nice but I dunno why making two similar covers in a row... I must say , that on the newsstand you don’t feel the difference if you re not into fashion like most of vogue readers.

Such beauty! Can't wait for editorial!

Their record is actually abysmal when it comes to covers (I think this is the first one under the new EIC), but they do book a diverse cast for the content which must mean they're not inherently problematic.

Celia Azoulay is really better off freelancing for international Vogues instead of styling beauty/jewellery stories for VP. The reality is that she'll never get a cover under Alt.
If we put extra effort into trying to enforce equality of outcome because of some supposed systematic oppression and the anything that isn't diverse or doesn't enforce this is inherently problematic, we would have worse diversity and quality overall and systematic oppression. Equality of Outcome is impossible to achieve. Its really funny and disturbing how finding something problematic or not hinges on the color of someones skin. Aren't we supposed to be a post racial society? This cover beautiful, not because of her skin, because its well done photographic and she did a great job. I have no inherent issue with diversity, but the diversity pushed nowadays is seeped in ideology and on moral grounds instead of on preferential grounds. I don't find something problematic because its the opposite of my preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terny228
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->