Vogue Russia June 2019 : Imaan Hammam by Chris Colls

It's not a bad shot but it's so boring. Some more colour would be nice.

If we put extra effort into trying to enforce equality of outcome because of some supposed systematic oppression and the anything that isn't diverse or doesn't enforce this is inherently problematic, we would have worse diversity and quality overall and systematic oppression. Equality of Outcome is impossible to achieve. Its really funny and disturbing how finding something problematic or not hinges on the color of someone's skin. Aren't we supposed to be a post racial society? This cover beautiful, not because of her skin, because its well done photographic and she did a great job. I have no inherent issue with diversity, but the diversity pushed nowadays is seeped in ideology and on moral grounds instead of on preferential grounds. I don't find something problematic because its the opposite of my preference.

Well, not necessarily. I only consider the direction of certain publications problematic when it does not align with the mission statement they're trying to send. When a brand like Vogue (and in this case Vogue Russia, whose choice in subjects and overall content lately steer towards arming their readers with a more 'international' approach than most of the other Vogues who happen to find themselves in relatively homogenous cultures) skirts the issue of diversity, then there is a disconnect. Because how do they expect to be the authority or use international fashion, beauty and lifestyle..........constructs which currently thrive on diversity in all forms, yet they don't? Context is everything and the standards are different. You don't see me making comments like these in certain threads because it's either not really an issue for them, or their mission may not be to speak with a global vocabulary. They've in fact reached the 'post-racial' state which you refer to.

I suppose the main reason it still feels enforced is because without active encouragement, the ones in charge will just slip back to their old ways sticking to a very defined singular vision.
Also, I think for the most part, comments are objective on here. It is very much possible to say 'I don't like the cover because the image is awful, but I can appreciate the fact that an older woman made the cover for a change.' Those two should be mutually exclusive anyway.

I do agree with you though.

Why the big 3 don't put her on the cover alone? I would love to see her in VI, VP and VUK.

Gorgeous cover! Imaan skin is flawless...

That’s a promising preview.

Review
bags and flowers by Emilie Erbin, styled by Laura Alvarez 4pgs
cover story 13 pgs
Olivia Vinten by Agata P., styled by Svetlana Vashenyak 14 pgs
Polina Oganicheva by Arseny Jabiev, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak 5 pgs
Deirdre Firinne by Ben Weller, styled by Margherita Moro 10 pgs
Jamilla Hoogenboom by Sonia Szostak, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak 10pgs
Alina Egorova by Arseny Jabiev, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak 4pgs
194 pages total

And Dunina is back as Fashion Director again

Last edited:
And Dunina is back as Fashion Director again

Well, considering I've liked everything since she's been gone, I don't think her return bodes well, but let's see. Like I said, the content of the past few months seemed very refined and luxe with a strong global appeal.

Vashenyak is executive fashion director. There were no fashion director after september issue, now fashion director is back and it is Dunina again and she even styled former striptese dancer, now wife of a wealthy man and fashion designer for this issue

Vashenyak is executive fashion director. There were no fashion director after september issue, now fashion director is back and it is Dunina again and she even styled former striptese dancer, now wife of a wealthy man and fashion designer for this issue

What’s the difference?

A plain outfit like that needs some jewelry. The juxtaposition of a diamond ring or earrings with that bandana would have taken this to the next level.

We Want To Walk

Photographer: Chris Colls
Stylist: Celia Azoulay
Hair: Teddy Charles
Makeup: Frank B
Manicure: Maki Sakamoto
Cast: Imaan Hammam

Vogue Russia Digital Edition

On Your Wave

Photographer: Agata Popieszynska
Stylist: Svetlana Vashenyak
Hair & Makeup: Julia Tochilova