Vogue Singapore February 2021 : Yasmin Wijnaldum by Roe Ethridge

Vogue Paris blocked me on IG. I don’t remember when and which issue... Haha...

I remember when Kendall's VP cover dropped they blocked a few of our members on here as well, lol. They seem to allow nothing but likes and positive comments. Worse still are the suck-up comments on the IG pages of the Vogue EIC. Those are downright nauseating. I'm sure they could post a white blank square and people will still be posting fire and heart emojis en masse. Oh wait, Farneti already did that.

I was excited because Yasmin, but jesus was I let down. Terrible.

Yasmin looks so tired and overall this cover looks like a cheap lookbook

VS is embarrassing and poorly executed because its EIC is more busy trying to be cool and "millennial". He is a pure embarrassment with his videos and Instagram account.

She had such potential but her career seems to have stalled after she did the Victoria Secrets show.

Having seen some video interviews of her, she doesn't appear to be a very interesting person...

that meaningless and stupid 'touch' on the cover is just so ridiculous!
together with that background made with MS PAINT

Yasmin is just NOT a good model, I've said it many times: on the runway it works because she has that standard tall-thin look about her but then in print she clearly has no clue. Indeed I agree with many of you: she has had many many opportunities to prove herself as a print model and she failed. Irina was like that for me at the start of her career and now she truly knows her look and can indeed look more fashionable and not just sexy-bombshell. Yasmin has the look of the 2000 when girls were killing it on the runways and because of her proportions she can indeed book haute couture shows and walk many ready-to-wear designers' collections but as far as a magazine cover girl she simply does not cut it and on an editorial plan she just stands there and gives us nothing almost every time.

I remember Kelly Cutrone saying on ANTM cycle 18 ''The fashion world is crying right now, there's nothing worse than a 6 foot tall looking model who just can't model'' or something like that ahahah and I feel the same about Yasmin: she HAS all the goods but she does not use them so yeah she might end up becoming an ''influencer'' one day..

Yasmin is just NOT a good model, I've said it many times: on the runway it works because she has that standard tall-thin look about her but then in print she clearly has no clue. Indeed I agree with many of you: she has had many many opportunities to prove herself as a print model and she failed. Irina was like that for me at the start of her career and now she truly knows her look and can indeed look more fashionable and not just sexy-bombshell. Yasmin has the look of the 2000 when girls were killing it on the runways and because of her proportions she can indeed book haute couture shows and walk many ready-to-wear designers' collections but as far as a magazine cover girl she simply does not cut it and on an editorial plan she just stands there and gives us nothing almost every time.

I remember Kelly Cutrone saying on ANTM cycle 18 ''The fashion world is crying right now, there's nothing worse than a 6 foot tall looking model who just can't model'' or something like that ahahah and I feel the same about Yasmin: she HAS all the goods but she does not use them so yeah she might end up becoming an ''influencer'' one day..

Or as Tyra also said: “she’s the model noun but not the verb. Meaning, she’s a model, but can she model?” Lol I’ve watched way too much ANTM in the past.

Or as Tyra also said: “she’s the model noun but not the verb. Meaning, she’s a model, but can she model?” Lol I’ve watched way too much ANTM in the past.

Ahahah I actually posted this on my Instagram ahahah cycle 15 :lol:: “My fear is that you are the noun and not the verb. So you were born a model but are not modeling.” @tyrabanks

This is why I think high fashion taste is overrated. Who approved that 'suburban mom going to whole foods' outfit with the horrible lighting, lacking expression, horrible background and 'touch'

it seems VS trying too hard for each of their covers ... too bad ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->