Vogue Ukraine launching in 2013

According to the Ukrainian blog jetsetter.ua, the EIC of Vogue Ukriane will be Masha Tsukanova. After a REALLY brief google search, I wasn't able to find much on her, other than that she was the EIC of Commercant Weekend.

Also, she seems kind of edgy, professional and fun (atypical combination of adjectives, I know), so hopefully she'll be able to bring an interesting perspective to VU.
0Durg.jpg

2RYCs.jpg
rMFhP.jpg

jetsetter.ua

^ this lady looks cool and it is very intiguing what she will bring to VU

Thats an interesting choice judging by the photos :lol:
I wouldnt mind to see HB Ukraine editor-in-chief in Vogue since she has done a quite good job editing it.

The team has been announced. First issue will be March 2013.

Publisher: Elena Chernova
Experience: In media since 1994; Editor in Chief of Natali magazine 2000-2002; Co-creator and general director Karavan Media since 2002; Since 2008 director of magazines at Ukrainian Media Holding; Organized a fashion show for a photographer in 2011 at the Ukrainian Fashion Week.
9YguO.jpg

Editor in Chief: Masha Tsukanova
Experience: Editor at Kommersant and Kommersant Weekend; Blogger for jetsetter.ua.
9ZyE3.jpg

Fashion Director: Filip Vlasov
Experience: Fashion director at Vogue Russia; Communication director at Sanahunt; Creative director at studio VITALS, contributor for main fashion magazines in Russia - Vogue, Interview, Elle, etc.
bOmH0.jpg

Junior Fashion Editor: Yulia Pelipas
Experience: Stylist; host of Miss CIS; Photo stylist for HB and L'Officiel; Worked with designers Zinaida Likhacheva and Masha Reva.
bOmH0.jpg

International Fashion Director: Katya Mukhina
Experience: Stylist for fashion magazines in Russia; Styling editor at Elle Russia; Styling director at Marie Claire Russia; From 2006 until 2012 worked at Vogue Russia.
bOmH0.jpg

Seems like too many people from Russian publications, namely Vogue Russia. I don't want another version of Vogue Russia.

All info and images from fashionweek.kiev.ua.

and Phillip Savill from Russian Glamour would be an art director

Was it revealed who's doing the cover?? I think Snejana or Tanya D. would be the right choice.

Was it revealed who's doing the cover?? I think Snejana or Tanya D. would be the right choice.

Why Tanya D? She's not even Ukrainian, nor is she that relevant at this very moment (unfortunately). But to answer your question, no it's not been revealed who'll be on the first cover.

Also, I just realized I posted the same picture of Filip Vlasov for two other members of the team, lol, was not my intention.

Recent interview with the EIC of Vogue Ukraine for fashionweek.kiev.ua. It's in Russian and it's quite long, but I'll try to summarize some main points.

IMG_9212-620x413.jpg

She thinks she was chosen for the position because she's a patriot. However, she doesn't think of it in terms being a patriot for the Ukrainian photographers/models/etc, but rather a patriot to Ukraine and its life as a whole. She will of course be supporting the local industry, but it doesn't matter to her as much whether say a photographer is from London or Kyiv, so long as the story being told is Ukrainian.

Yelena Yemchuk shot a story for the first issue. It's a multi-model shoot, that was difficult to get done because of all the models they had to get together for it plus it was around the time when Sandy hit NY.

As someone who came from the world of newspaper, she like Vogue UK because of the written text it features. She appreciates Vogue Paris for its clean look and Vogue US for its scope and importance. However, she doesn't want to be like any of the other Editors and doesn't want to make Vogue Ukraine similar to any edition.

Again, as someone who came from a black and white business paper, her primary goal is that Ukraine sees a new level of writing. She will leave the art direction on photoshoots to people who were hired for that purpose.

As the magazine is still trying to establish itself, she's not willing to reveal which of the world-famous photographers she'd like Vogue Ukraine to be associated with.

She wears brands both Ukrainian and foreign. Unlike Anne DR, who says that if you're comfortable, you're not fashionable - Masha ops for comfortable.

Would she put a politician (woman) on the cover? You don't need to be a politician or a non-politician to be on the cover. As soon as there is a stylish, cool and smart woman, they will put her on the cover. She wants her readers to be proud of the Ukrainian girls and she'll do everything in her power to grow and strengthen this attitude. Profession doesn't matter.

What is will be in Vogue Ukraine aside form fashion? "All the usual suspects." A lot of culture, a lot of beauty (can't go anywhere in Ukraine without beauty - most beautiful girls live in Ukraine), a large section on lifestyle, travel, technology, a lot of interesting people. Everything.

Vogue Ukraine will differ from Vogue Russia because they're completely different markets and different women. Plus, they'll have more flexibility because unlike in Russia, Vogue Ukraine is the only Conde Nast publication in Ukraine.

Anna Wintour says the cover reflects what's happening in the country - will that be your starting point? Yes. It would be naive to produce a magazine that's not rooted in reality. There's a new collection - that's relevant; but there's also the issue of global climate change - that too is relevant but in a different way.

Full interview in Russian here.
http://fashionweek.kiev.ua/masha-tsukanova-intervie/

i hope vogue ukraine doesnt follow vogue netherland's footstep of only usiing ukranian models. vogue netherland is getting dull with their cover choices.

Girls who recently shooted for Vogue Ukraine:
Natalia Gotsii - confirmed by her on her's instagram, she shooted 2 editorials
Nasy Chabanenko and Alina Baikova - shooted the same day (Alina posted a pic with Naty and on the photo you can also a girl who works in VU)
Juju Ivanyuk and Snejana Onopka - probably shooted the same day ( hair stylist posted their pictures the same day on his instagram)

instagrams: alina baikova/nataliiagotsii/theo1

^OMG, I'm practically salivating already. I know the poster above said that he hopes they don't just use Ukrainian models, but I hope they use as many Ukrainian models as possible. There are SO many girls from Ukraine that are VERY underrated. I'd love to see them at least get the support from the Ukrainian Vogue.

i think snejana would be the right choice, because she's the most successful and most recognizable ukrainian model..i mean daria w. is born in Poland and grow up in Canada, so i don't see her like a ukrainian girl besides her ukrainian roots..some other girls, like alla k., viktoriya, juju or naty chabanenko have an international careers, less or more successful, but none of them can't compare to snejana..some objective and relevant facts about them:

1. Alla K. - only two blue chip campaigns (bottega and dsquared) and no vogue covers!
2. Viktoriya S. - had a few campaigns (alberta ferretti 2x, ck jeans, john galliano, juicy couture, mulberry, phi, prada, prada fragrance, sonia rykiel, ysl + some small campaigns) at least she had many eds by Meisel + 2 italian vogue covers
3. Juju - she hadn't any big campaign, besides of Lanvin fragrance contract and no vogue covers
4. Naty - besides of CK jeans and prada and miu miu exclusive for the show, she hasn't any other big success..
5. Snejana - i think i don't need to talk about her, everyone knows her, but i will :wub:..look at her campaign archive: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=10313775&postcount=64 + 8 Vogue covers (therefrom 2 italian and 1 france) + tons of different vogue eds and she was meisel's muse :wink:

so if we are referring to their success in fashion industry, it's obviously snejana's success is miles away from other ukrainian models and she is the most deserving of all to be on the cover..

Last edited by a moderator:
so is this launching January 2013? or will it be similar to Turkey and come in March?

The first issue will be the March one, so probably in the end of February we will see the issue.
1. Alla K. - only two blue chip campaigns (bottega and dsquared) and no vogue covers!
2. Viktoriya S. - had a few campaigns (alberta ferretti 2x, ck jeans, john galliano, juicy couture, mulberry, phi, prada, prada fragrance, sonia rykiel, ysl + some small campaigns) at least she had many eds by Meisel + 2 italian vogue covers
3. Juju - she hadn't any big campaign, besides of Lanvin fragrance contract and no vogue covers
4. Naty - besides of CK jeans and prada and miu miu exclusive for the show, she hasn't any other big success..
5. Snejana - i think i don't need to talk about her, everyone knows her, but i will :wub:..look at her campaign archive: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=10313775&postcount=64 + 8 Vogue covers (therefrom 2 italian and 1 france) + tons of different vogue eds and she was meisel's muse :wink:

Talking about girls, there are big chanses that there will be a few girls on the cover.
Alla and Snejana are very well known in ukraine. And i agree that Snej deserves to be on the first cover of VU.

^nenv, is there a chatter in Ukrainian gossip/news/etc about the upcoming Vogue? Just curious.

Also, on the new facebook page that I posted a few days ago, someone asked who'll be on the debut cover. Somebody else said Daria Werbowy. Now, the latter didn't seem (from what I could tell) like she was in any way affiliated with VU so I don't know if she was just guessing, hoping, joking or if she actually knew something we don't.

^ i am not an insider, i can just judge from different instagram photos and interviews=)
But there is a 50% chance that Daria W. will be in VU.
Because lady who works for VU as international fashion director, but at the same time as the stylist for Vogue Russia, posted on her instagram 4 weeks ago a photo of her daughter and Daria W.on set.
if it was for VU, it would be just mindblowing.:blush::woot::woot::woot:

instagram: mukhins

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->