W August 2011 : Tilda Swinton by Tim Walker

tarsha

Reaction score
cess-tilda-swinton-14-v.jpg

wmagazine

This looks really interesting to say the least. I loved Tilda in "I am Love" and it was actually the first time I had ever seen or heard of her. I think shes very Beautiful. I'll definetly be getting this issue when it hits newstands here in Oz.

I'm tryin' to grasp the high fashion but it's over conceptualized for me in terms of her editorial but the photos are amazing!!! I'm not keen on the cover or on her for that matter but it's a cool/very edgy work, perhaps a bit too much.

There`s something bothering with her eyes. Its seems like she`s lost into some direction, stunned and confused than to actually look at us.

Love the pose, Editorial is good.

I actually like it! Its really akward and off a bit but thats what makes it intriguing. Tim and Tilda FTW(for the win).

I love the ed, but the cover doesn't look as great as the ed

They got the coolest, most stylish woman on the planet, and they do THIS to her on the cover?! Looking like any other celeb fashion wannabe, such greatness wasted!

Photos from the ed, are a tad better though, but she has done more stunning work for magazines before.

They got the coolest, most stylish woman on the planet, and they do THIS to her on the cover?! Looking like any other celeb fashion wannabe, such greatness wasted!

Photos from the ed, are a tad better though, but she has done more stunning work for magazines before.

completely agree

I was trilled to see Tilda and Tim Walker's name together, but the cover is a let down. I was expecting something a little more haunting, which would have suited Tilda stunningly. Had they used the second shot from the editorial as the cover, it would have been an amazing cover.

I've never understood the hype surrounding Tilda, or Tim Walker for that matter.

she looks like Annie Lennox from Sweet Dreams on the cover... I hate he outfit, and I was so happy to see she was on the cover. The editorial is good, but makes me feel really cold

Is this Tim Walker´s first W cover?
I hope he´ll shoot more covers/eds in the future!! :smile:

I LOVE this! It reminds me so much of old Vogue covers. Very, very good and the accompanying editorial is stunning as well. Tilda is one of the very few celebrities who can do model-esque editorials without looking ridiculous.

W is getting better and better with each issue and it finally looks like Tonchi has found his footing.

ETA: the closeup of her with the supergreen eyes is exquisite. I could definitely consider putting something like that on my wall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never understood the hype surrounding Tilda, or Tim Walker for that matter.

Me neither. I like Tilda Swinton's personal style and that's about it. She's quite overrated, IMO. One of those people that you call your favorite actress because it makes you seem cool.

This is actually the first W cover in ages that does absolutely nothing for me. And I'm not really impressed by the editorial either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->