Photography:
Ben Weller
Styling: Jessica Gerardi
Hair: Naoki Komiya
Make-up: Lucy Burnt
Models: Jill Kortleve & Zinnia Kumar

UK Vogue Digital Edition

I can’t see anything

A temporary bug with the imgbox thumbnails following the migration, please have a little patience until it's fixed. You should still be able to view full images and editorials from Zorka's individual galleries by clicking on the image icons in the meantime.

I'm noticing imgbox images aren't currently displaying on the forums post-cloud-migration - checking in & will get it fixed ASAP.

EDIT: Fixes should be in place sometime tomorrow morning or early afternoon (GMT).

We were promised glamour and fashion galore in Edward's final months as EIC or whatever the hell he is at this point, but his magazine has never been worse than it has since that announcement. Going out with sizzles instead of bangs.

He’s saving all that glamour and fashion for his send-off March issue; it’s going to be 500+ pages of concentrated high fashion harkening back to the golden days of Vogue of the 2000s… You'll see.

For a supposed holiday issue, it’s so depressing, empty, and budget-looking— like the local free community newsletter some pick up on their way to work that they just leave in the subway after they get get off on their stop. What adds insult to injury even more is that with his first year, the art direction for the cover/ccoverstory/fashion stories at least made the effort to corral the imageries to a decent presentation.Now, he doesn't even care: Just basic skills with InDesign will do.

The only standout story that showcases any semblance of Vogue’s past glorious vision of dream, cinema, glamour, history and you know— fashion, is Annie’s take on the imageries of Hopper. That, along with the ads for Scottish brand Johnstons of Elgin— of which stomps all over the Ryan McGinly Prada Sports campaign’s similar location shoot, with its masterclass presentation of composition, location and mood, and Amina Muaddi's very Irving Penn composition of footwear, are the only superior visions of fashion that was once the standard of Vogue.

12 pages of Vogue-worthy content out of 346pgs LMFAO (…Some will likely be stanning all over the 6pg Dolce x Meisel holiday campaign. And although decent enough, it’s just Meisel on autopilot that’s he's done countless times before, and way way way better 20-30 years ago in Franca’s Vogue ..:yawn:…)

Last edited:
I bought the Olivia, Kate, Jodie and Tilda covers because I've always loved Tim Walker (and they're only £2 on newsstands this month) but I have to say that the main editorial is quite disappointing (I'm not saying it should have been at the same level of service as like in December 2008 (Karen, Helena, Tim Burton) or those of 2004 (a phantomime issue which remains one of his best editorials) but not even this bland report, and I don't think things will improve with the exit of Edward (who as editor in chief is was a disaster but as a fashion editor he has always been really good)

If Meisel was not chosen to shoot the cover story, it would have been a great holiday gift to see him photograph a resort fashion editorial. The fashion editorials inside the issue are easily forgettable.

If Meisel was not chosen to shoot the cover story, it would have been a great holiday gift to see him photograph a resort fashion editorial. The fashion editorials inside the issue are easily forgettable.
Wait to see the content of the US Vogue! 🙈

Wait to see the content of the US Vogue! 🙈
There are no fashion editorials with models inside the December 2023 issue of US Vogue. The content and photography are interesting and visually good but this omission is a joke to me.

this issue is pale in comparison to US Vogue current one.

Tim Walker is on my bucket list of photographers to shoot one of my models, but there isn't enough of his personality in these covers. I find his work exceptional, but he clearly works best when he has more control over the casting and set design.

SECOND LIFE
Photography:
Ben Weller
Styling: Jessica Gerardi
Hair: Naoki Komiya
Make-up: Lucy Burnt
Models: Jill Kortleve & Zinnia Kumar

UK Vogue Digital Edition
very mediocre story/shooting...

i'd love to see the sales figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics