W August 2011 : Tilda Swinton by Tim Walker

Bravo, Mr. Enninful! I love both eds, specially Scene on the Street :heart:

Karen Elson once again bringing some refined elegance to the proceedings and fabulous work from Summerton and Enninful.
Also I am a massive fan of both McLellan & Enninful, but put together 2 of the worst models working right now IMO and that is the outcome. 'Scene on the Street' could have been brilliant with other girls. Sorry but I find both Lindsey & Daphne extremely unsettling and they ruin almost anything they appear in.
Thanks for the scans btw. :flower:

Wow W is looking really good a must buy issue I havnt bought W in years so thanks to mr Enninful!!!! :D

Karen? Emma Summerton? even though i bet it looks better in print, W is really stepping it up...they can get rid of the Wixson-Daphne duo anytime though

quite a nice issue,getting used to this W.can't wait September,hope it's going to be awesome!^_^^_^

The styling pulls this image back a whole lot, although this looks like a magnificent combo of a stunning woman and a rarely talented photographer. I wish they've gone towards the editorial/inside story route a tad more. Then again there has to be a commercial appeal, in order for the magazine to sell. This is legendary work of art showcasing the clothes beautifully in their own special movement.

Great work W!

I didn't think much of Karen's editorial when I saw the scans, but in real life it is simply divine.

YES! and apparently Olivier Rizzo and Panos Yiapanis will be joining the team soon.

Panos Yiapanis styled a feature for this issue.

It amazes me that most people don't give Tonchi any credit. He's done a brilliant job with W. It always takes some time for a new editor to make their mark. Besides the fashion, this issue has so much interesting reading. I love that Tonchi puts such a premium on words.

Tonchi's letter this month tells how he's letting his staff move forward. I can only hope for more goodness from W.

I don't like the background and it just seems so icy in a bad way..

Marique Schimmel by Sebastian Kim
Stylist: Felicia Garcia-Rivera

iconicmanagement

HQs:

"Sharp Suiters"
Model: Karen Elson
Photographer: Emma Summerton
Stylist: Edward Enninful

absinthrill.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
HQs:

"Scene on the Street
Model: Daphne Groeneveld, Lindsey Wixson, Cole Mohr, Simon Nessman, Ollie Edwards, Yuri Pleskun
Photographer: Alasdair McLellan
Stylist: Edward Enninful

absinthrill.blogspot.com

Thanks blueorchid for the HQ scans.

I don't know who Edward Enninful is, but his sense of styling is horrendous-- it's so heavy-handed and amateurish. It's all so drag, with absolutely no style and a complete lack of inventiveness: The girls are punkish for this shot, so let's have punkish boys accompanying them; they're glamorous in this shot, so let's have debonair boys with slicked-back hair in suits accompany them... It's all so predictable, awkward and boring.

I really hope Panos and Olivier will be styling for W, instead of more of Edward's sloppy work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->