W December 2006 : Cameron Diaz by Mert & Marcus

Apparently I'm the outcast - I don't see anything original or innovative about the cover / pictures. She looks beautiful, but the beach-theme has been worn out - not to mention, it's for the December issue! I'd rather see snow and ice, as opposed to beaches and the sun.

Seanutbutter: When I think about it I agree with you it would have been more interesting to see her in a place with snow instead of a beach.

i do like it....and i like the summery mood and setting....without been groundbreaking it scapes from what ppl think should be a december cover,i mean the xmas mood....

peacelover142002 said:
At least it's someone we haven't seen in awhile. I think Mert & Marcus will do a good job with her.

Those were my thoughts exactly :flower: Cam hasn't had any big covers in a long long time.

She looks beautiful and exotic in those pics, the dark hair looks really really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the whole Beyoncé thing with her arms. Nothing special really I could have snapped those shots!

i like cameron ,the cover is okay...for july or august,not so much for december.i wish they did that same cover n white dress but all sprakly with christas decorations or something like that .nevertheless,she looks good.

Platinum Blonde said:
Skirt for me it's the opposite I think. I think she seems very sweet, intelligent and funny in interviews. At least the ones I have seen. But usually I don't like the kind of movies she is in. They are too silly for my taste.

I hated the Charlie's Angels movies, but In Her Shoes was really amazing & the new holiday movie with Kate Winslet looks awesome too ("I want to eat carbs without wanting to kill myself!").. Yet, whenever I see her, I think she comes across as mediocre and stupid, haha. Then again, I only saw her when promoting Charlie's Angels, which might explain it. :smile:

I love it. I'm a huge M&M fan so I knew I'd love it but I was completely blown away when I got the issue yesterday. There are a couple more pics in the editorial and you can really see Cameron's modeling experience come thru. She's just so astonishingly beautiful in this editorial. This is the best I've seen her look. Her body is to die for and her face looks flawless, quite a feat given that sometimes Cameron can look a bit off. Either way this is IMO one of the best celebrity fashion covers/edits I've seen. Ever. I love the setting and the styling on this too. There's something very Grecian goddess about the whole thing.

She looks amazing on the cover :woot:

What's this issue like...I've only bought W twice because it's harder to find than Vogue and Bazzar...is it worth looking for this issue? What are the articles and other eds like?

I'm shocked, I actually like the cover! Considering that I am really not keen on Cameron, thats a surprise. She looks so much better with the brown hair, I hope she leaves it like that.

But I would have preferred a more wintery setting to fit in with it being December.

I hope the other ed's are good!

I like it, although I can't help but to think Nativodi would have looked so much better since she looks so great when she does the bronzed look, or Kate although we've seen alot of her in W, but of course they're models.

Oh, about the hair, isn't a little lame to jump on the brunette bandwagon now? I'm aware that most people wouldn't consider Christina Aguilera any sort of trendsetter but didn't she start this trend like three years ago? (even if she's never given any credit) Furthermore Christina as well as all the ones that followed(Ashlee, Mary-Kate, Nikki Hilton) have all since gone back to blond.

Cameron was one of Elite's "top models" for a while, no?

She is gorgeous in these editorials. I can appreciate a model who makes the switch to acting, and as successfully as Cameron has is to be commended. She can still "work it" apperantly. I like it.

Did she ever do runway or while she only an editorial girl?

A.D.C. said:
Oh, about the hair, isn't a little lame to jump on the brunette bandwagon now? I'm aware that most people wouldn't consider Christina Aguilera any sort of trendsetter but didn't she start this trend like three years ago? (even if she's never given any credit) Furthermore Christina as well as all the ones that followed(Ashlee, Mary-Kate, Nikki Hilton) have all since gone back to blond.
Nicky Hilton's a brunette again, Mary-Kate is still brunette (in fact - her twin sister Ashley has gone to brunette now too). Ashlee remains a blonde, partly because the character she is playing in Chicago, Roxy, is blonde.

I wouldn't say Christina started the trend. I remember right before Christina dyed her hair black, Britney dyed hers dark brown. She had a brown bob for about 3 days before switching back to blond (hey, she knows what works with her image :wink:).

tone said:
And we all know she is going to be retouched till no tomorrow because she has a face like the surface of the moon.
:lol: So true. She needs some serious microdermabrasion. There's no excuse being a multi-millionaire and having skin like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DVV
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->