W January 2010 : Jennifer Garner by Craig McDean

Here are some shots. They were scanned by a friend
enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
This issue is a great start of the new year for W; and the Knoeppel and Indlekofer editorial is at the very end of the magazine, instead of the front like their (the photographer pair) edits usually are.

This editorial is really amazing! Though at first it may seem just another studio shoot, it is a great way of presenting the spring/summer collections. What a great way to start 2010!

I hope that the increased quality of paper doesn't mean the price will rise in Europe...it already went up by two euro a couple of months ago...in addition to always getting in so damn late :doh:

I'm apparently the only one who think this ed is just.. Uninteresting. It's a shame cause the cast is really great, so they could have done something striking, but that...

Oh wow really? new paper?! That's fantastic! It better not be like Interview's paper because its just as crappy as W's :lol:.

McDean's editorial is really nice! I love the idea and styling.

can somebody please explain me how the Spring edit's layout works. did they make up one continuous pattern of girls standing against the white backdrop so that it looks like a one shot divided into numerous spreads? because i can hardly understand what's going on with the girls standing to left and right borders of the pictures - are they being cropped so that the 'leftovers' come onto the previous and next spreads? :unsure:

I hope that the increased quality of paper doesn't mean the price will rise in Europe...it already went up by two euro a couple of months ago...in addition to always getting in so damn late :doh:

ugh tell me about it :angry: this is why i never bought it before

I love RUN OF SHOW, but I barely recognized the clothes :| NEED to GO to STYLE.COM

^You do know that all the designers are credited?

That is very interesting. What kind of quality is the paper? Is it like Interview paper? Or Vogue/Harpers Bazaar paper? :blush:

Hmm, Interview's paper is pretty much like the old W's paper. Basically the paper is a kind of newsprint, which whites cannot appear bright white, but rather a dull shade of white nearing to gray.

The new paper is somehow similar to i-D's paper, which is stronger, less prone to creases and whites appear as bright white, as u can see in the scans posted of Run Of Show.

Hope that answers your question :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
^Sounds like a good improvement.

Yeah, I know that they're credited, but I find it better if I can identify them without the label

That editorial...:shock:

Meisel's collections editorial from the January 1995 issue of Vogue is one of my absolute favorite editorials so I am thrilled to bits to see something so similar to it again. Yay! ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->