W October 2005 : Kate Hudson by Michael Thompson

Love the colors....and Karen of course :flower: Especially the sand pix appeal to me for some reason...

wow! i'm speechless! the karen elson editorial is gorgeous! normally, i'm not a big fan of w but i'm definitely gonna check this issue out.

Wow! I LOVE Karen in that editorial (and I've never been a fan of hers...)

I'm not usually a big fan of Karen but that editorial is great!

I'm only the 10th person to say this, but I normally don't find karen all that appealing, but I absolutely love those pictures. The colors, the clothing, her expressions. :wub:

Did I miss it, or is the cover picture not posted?

That Karen editorial!!:woot: :heart:

So much better than the one she did for Vogue...

^

I agree, but I liked the US Vogue a lot :woot: but I'm also a Karen - and kittens - fan

Hi. My I'm new here at this forum.

Here's a few more.

Attachments

• Karen Elson-W1005-06.jpg
    Karen Elson-W1005-06.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Karen Elson-W1005-07.jpg
    Karen Elson-W1005-07.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Karen Elson-W1005-08.jpg
    Karen Elson-W1005-08.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Karen Elson-W1005-05.jpg
    Karen Elson-W1005-05.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
I found this on http://sammie323.blogspot.com/ scan from US weekly. thanks to Sammie :flower:

Wcover.jpg

^^^

The cover looks much better in person. As does the editorial with Karen. :woot:

I just got it in the mail today. ^_^ I'll try to get a better picture of the cover with my camera, later.

Oct W Review

Editorials:

"Inside Out": Through Mert & Marcus's lense, Karen Elson channels Julianne Moore's characters in "From From Heaven" and "The Hours." The red hair, the porcelain skin, and the full skirts are reminiscent of women in the '50s: a proper housewife combatting the undercurrents of sexual yearning. The title is telling, and the photography is old-fashioned/vintage-looking without the futuristic twists the photographer duo is known for. Compelling.

"Extra": Mario Sorrentti imagines Freja as a pale-faced geisha capable of difficult body contortion. This is the sort of stuff that Inez & Vindooh are likely to churn out. A blemish on Sorrentti's excellent run this year.

"Liquid Sky": Glen Luchford shows Gemma Ward as a sleek-haired alien exploring the end of the earth in the heart of the winter. Captivating.

Interesting articles:

* Stella McCartney and Kate Moss team up for H&M's holiday collections. This is McCartney's second foray into the mass market following her widely popular collaboration with Adidas. She's glad to break out of the 'bubble of the Parisian fashion week.'

* Fashion PR's have to rework their entire wardrobe when they switch companies. Tough, but at least they get all the clothes for free.

* Finally, somebody speaks up for victims of bad services and proves that companies which pride themselves on quality over service can be wanting in both departments.

* Jake Gyllenhaal is a triple-threat this season with acclaimed roles in "Proof," "Brokeback Mountain," and "Jarhead." Craig McDean photographs him.

* The cover story with Kate Hudson is more of a lifestyle/architecture piece (it was set in Hudson's Malibu home) than a celebrity profile. Positioned as the very last pictorial, it was fairly low-key, and the million-dollar smile that the actress is known for is nowhere to be seen except in a small black-and-white snapshop of her and her son. This provides a satisfactory conclusion to a strong October issue, once you overlook the fact that, given how minimal the celeb center piece is (Hudson's career as an actress is merely mentioned in passing), Kate Hudson need not hoard the cover.

I agree, Karen isn't my favorite model but she is captivating in the spread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->