What Are You Reading?

thanks faust.. yes i have seen the thread but unfortunately i never seem to have enough time to sit down & post properly - i only ever have time to post little half-arsed messages. Hopefully we are going to invest in a fancy home laptop next month. maybe then i'll have more time.

my dad bought me a book called 'paris store fronts' for my b'day. its got nice pics.

Originally posted by faust@Sep 27 2004, 01:49 PM
Are you taking a course on American 20th century plays? Did you see the film with Brando? It's good.
[snapback]377149[/snapback]​

Yes :lol: well, no, actually I'm interested in american literature and I decided to start with the classics.
I still haven't seen the movie. :cry: I love Brando, and I picture no one else playing Stanley.

My girlfriend did A Streetcar Named desire for her English Lit :flower:

The Colossus and Other Poems - Sylvia Plath

Originally posted by faust@Sep 27 2004, 12:09 PM
it's right on the money. i never realized brando was such a stud.
[snapback]377162[/snapback]​

I LOVE THAT MOVIE. It's not exact with the play though, but as racy as a 1950's movie can get. :wink:

Originally posted by Spike413@Sep 27 2004, 02:42 PM
"Night" by Elie Wiesel......god it's so depressing.
[snapback]377348[/snapback]​

:wacko: it is. all of them are actually. :(
did you read maus?

Along with my books for class...

Femme Fatale: Images of Evil and Fascinating Women, by Patrick Bade
The images alone are quite yummy. :ninja:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Sep 27 2004, 07:57 PM

The Colossus and Other Poems - Sylvia Plath
[snapback]377286[/snapback]​

amazing read :flower:

still reading 'our posthuman future' by Fukuyama.. must read for anyone interested in the future of anthropology/biotech/human nature

Virginia Woolf - To the Light House. <cringe> I don't know what it is about British women writers, but reading them is really tiresome to me :cry:

My current book:

Monarch: The Life and Reign of Elizabeth II

Good book! : )

an unquiet mind by kay r. jamison. it's a very well-written memoir about her struggle with bi-polar disorder

le petit prince. again. original language naturellement. :blush: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Originally posted by Mettchen@Oct 6 2004, 11:28 AM
le petit prince. again. original language naturellement. :blush: :heart: :heart: :heart:
[snapback]387442[/snapback]​

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->