• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What Are You Reading?

thanks faust.. yes i have seen the thread but unfortunately i never seem to have enough time to sit down & post properly - i only ever have time to post little half-arsed messages. Hopefully we are going to invest in a fancy home laptop next month. maybe then i'll have more time.

my dad bought me a book called 'paris store fronts' for my b'day. its got nice pics.

Originally posted by faust@Sep 27 2004, 01:49 PM
Are you taking a course on American 20th century plays? Did you see the film with Brando? It's good.
[snapback]377149[/snapback]​

Yes :lol: well, no, actually I'm interested in american literature and I decided to start with the classics.
I still haven't seen the movie. :cry: I love Brando, and I picture no one else playing Stanley.

My girlfriend did A Streetcar Named desire for her English Lit :flower:

The Colossus and Other Poems - Sylvia Plath

Originally posted by faust@Sep 27 2004, 12:09 PM
it's right on the money. i never realized brando was such a stud.
[snapback]377162[/snapback]​

I LOVE THAT MOVIE. It's not exact with the play though, but as racy as a 1950's movie can get. :wink:

Originally posted by Spike413@Sep 27 2004, 02:42 PM
"Night" by Elie Wiesel......god it's so depressing.
[snapback]377348[/snapback]​

:wacko: it is. all of them are actually. :(
did you read maus?

Along with my books for class...

Femme Fatale: Images of Evil and Fascinating Women, by Patrick Bade
The images alone are quite yummy. :ninja:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Sep 27 2004, 07:57 PM

The Colossus and Other Poems - Sylvia Plath
[snapback]377286[/snapback]​

amazing read :flower:

still reading 'our posthuman future' by Fukuyama.. must read for anyone interested in the future of anthropology/biotech/human nature

Virginia Woolf - To the Light House. <cringe> I don't know what it is about British women writers, but reading them is really tiresome to me :cry:

My current book:

Monarch: The Life and Reign of Elizabeth II

Good book! : )

an unquiet mind by kay r. jamison. it's a very well-written memoir about her struggle with bi-polar disorder

le petit prince. again. original language naturellement. :blush: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Originally posted by Mettchen@Oct 6 2004, 11:28 AM
le petit prince. again. original language naturellement. :blush: :heart: :heart: :heart:
[snapback]387442[/snapback]​

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->