What Do You Carry Most Often?

eloes

Reaction score
I love bags that I make myself and unique non-designer bags, but I usually carry the second. I don't really like designer bags (for myself) because my style is so funky (fun, but not trashy :P ). Even if I could afford designer bags, I would go for the really unique and exotic ones rather than traditional types.

So there are my two cents. Does anyone else here prefer something other than strictly designer bags? I just haven't seen many topics aside from those on designer bags, and I'm trying to see if anyone like me is lurking in the shadows. :wink:

I also want to say that I certainly have an appreciation for designer bags, just as I get lots of compliments from people who I know prefer to carry designer stuff themselves. Traditional things just don't fit my personal style. I also know that there is a huge variety among designers, although I'm fairly ignorant about a bunch of them. I did my best to please everybody on the poll...so don't be offended!

Also, please don't argue over bag types here (like the lv/anti-lv struggle that has gotten ugly in other threads)--just appreciate the variety and be nice. :flower: So go ahead and post about your favorites!

Oooh, and post pictures! I would if I had the right kind of camera...

(Oops, another novel. Sorry. :innocent: :rolleyes: )

I was just thinking that that last comment sounded rather like me. Then I noticed...
:lol:

Anyway, I also like some designer bags (Luella!), but I can't afford them at the moment. At this point, I tend to go for non-labels that have something unique about them. I have very little money to splurge, so I have to make sure that I really like what I am getting.

I like designer bags, especially when I can get a deal, but my ideal bag is one that I can carry both a book and my make up in. In other words, I usually buy totes. Not traditional, and I try to buy something that can look decent with both work casual clothes & sporty clothes...

I carry both designer and non designer bags and vintage as well but I usualy carry something by Chanel or Luella

I don't place much importance on the designer of my handbag. It has to be something cute for me to carry it. So many people carry bags purely for the label, but an ugly designer bag is still an ugly designer bag. Since I'm still a kid, I prefer the trendier look so I don't usually go for a high end designer unless it's something I know I'll carry for a long time. More than anything, I carry small bags, mainly because I'm very petite and anything big will overpower me but also because the smaller your bag is, the less cluttered it can get. You're forced to keep it clean if you have no room for junk.

I like to make my own. No one else in the world will have the same exact bag. :smile:

Originally posted by luna@Apr 13th, 2004 - 11:46 pm
I like to make my own. No one else in the world will have the same exact bag. :smile:
And great bags they are too... :wink:

i picked OTHER

i wear bags that i LIKE, they just happen to mostly be designer bags ... and a few vintage clutches.

i guess i just dont like to categorize :unsure:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Apr 14th, 2004 - 6:12 am
i picked OTHER

i wear bags that i LIKE, they just happen to mostly be designer bags ... and a few vintage clutches.

i guess i just dont like to categorize :unsure:
I didn't noticed other as an option, but I agree with you Leyla... I think nobody here knows about my Joe's tangerine bag which I carry even when it doesn't match, but I :heart: it... I have few from designers, as I have from cool new stuff and lots of vintage crap...

Originally posted by Glamourina@Apr 13th, 2004 - 11:32 pm
So many people carry bags purely for the label, but an ugly designer bag is still an ugly designer bag.
I defenitely agree! :wink: If it's a cute bag, it's a cute bag--designer or NOT! :o What a thought, loL! I will admit, almost all of my bags are designer, but that's cause I love their style and I think they're cute! I do have many bags I carry, because you can never have too many bags, right? lol but usually I find myself carrying the Louis Vuitton small Ellipse bag, or the LV Ellipse backpack (I like the Ellipse's!!) I also love my LV Cite bag! lol gotta luv Louis!

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Apr 13th, 2004 - 11:47 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Apr 13th, 2004 - 11:47 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-luna@Apr 13th, 2004 - 11:46 pm
I like to make my own.  No one else in the world will have the same exact bag. :smile:
And great bags they are too... :wink: [/b][/quote]
Thanks Purple! :smile:

I have many bags designer and non-commercial designer, which i buy because i love the design and craftsmanship that went into the bag. I buy bags that i think will last. Im not one of these fashion savvy women that have to have the latest creation. Saying that i choose a bag according to my mood. Of late, i have carried both vintage and new designer bags, as long as it does its job - i couldn't careless :innocent:

I love bags!!!! :heart: ....I picked other because I I use designer, non designer, vintage AND things I've made/or someone made. It's just whatever I like and what suits my outfits....

My bag I frequent is Louis Vuitton Murakamis and Cherry Blossom bags for school, my chinese or my jean bag I designed, or this black suede lil clutch I found at a vintage store.

I mostly wear designer bags, although I do have a tendency to buy really cheap canvas totes that I wear when I dont want anything to take away from my outfit.

i only have one designer, from valentino, PLUS it is a secondhand, my mum gave it to me cuz she doesn't wear it anymore.

i buy my bags from h&m, miss sixty, guess.. :innocent:

Well I wouldn't get a designer bag unless I was rich. Though to tell you the truth about half of the designer bags that are designed I think are BEYOND UGLY!!!! It's like who would wear that or pay that much money to wear that ugly looking thing. Sure it's a brand label, but for others who are clueless of designer bags which a big majority of the population is, they would just look at you and think you have very bad taste. Like this girl in my class had an imitation Louis Vuitton bag, she was like oh it's louis vuitton but not the original of course, but that didn't matter because it was soooooooo ugly it was brown and an ugly shape and it was just like ewh ewh ewh. WHy some ppl like to carry bags that are ugly and pay soo much i don't know. Though sometimes I find even if the bag is just eh okay like kind of cute nothing special I would consider still buying it because of the label ( referring not to the designer designer bags just cheaper ones like GUESS AND STUFF) it's weird it's just okay nothing special but the label i dunno...anyhooo....but the louis vuitton... the white bag with beige outlining and gold locket with it having colourful letters I must say is cute but some of the other ones from him are blah. BUT! some purses that are cute, unique, bold, and colorful I like!!!!!. Usually I just buy cheaper bags, and i have some Guess bags. BUt I don't really go for designer bags and sometimes the really cheaper ones are better looking than the designer bags are practically the same...SOMETIMES.........and to note, I am not against designer bags. :P

My favourite bag is my bright yellow messenger bag (not designer). I also carry it even when it doesn't match with my outfit. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->