What Do You Feel About Marc Jacobs Bags?

I like the bags (especially the totes), but doubt that I will purchase one. Cost too musch $$

I briefly had a mint green Sophia. It looked really cool. However it was quite heavy due to the hardware, and it also collapsed funny when I put it on. So I sold it to a friend. LOL :innocent:

There is one that I liked...

The Lili

but my problem with this bag is that it's especially heavy...

They are really cute but so many people have made look alikes its practically impossible to tell the diffrence. :rolleyes:

paris, that bag is cute!! :flower: Generally, I don't find MJ bags to be worth it. You can get solid leather bags for under 200$ that are just as nicely made.

Of course, I'm always a great fan of indie designers.. originality is grand!

Originally posted by dgie@Mar 26th, 2004 - 1:14 pm
I think they're cute, but I wouldn't buy one myself. First, they're young and sporty looking, which is not the look I personally go for when buying bags. But, more importantly, I don't think they have a classic look to them.
I agree!!!

Originally posted by baggi@Apr 7th, 2004 - 6:28 pm
I love Marc Jacobs everything.. although I do agree that the bags are overpriced. But then again, what designer bag isn't overpriced?:P
I love MJ's stuff as well and agree that all designer things are expensive...

But I'd rather get a bag like a Chanel, a Louis Vuitton, a Prada over a MJ... they are more classic and well worth the money you pay..even if they are pricier than the MJ bags..

not really a fan. i have found exact versions of his bags in vintage shops, made of wonderful leather and everything. his are just a little bit, well, blah.

...and lets not even talk about the ZIPPERS on his bags :ninja: :yuk: whatta nightmare :wacko:

I like the pocket handbags, and the multi-pocket handbags, but I do agree they have lots of buckles and zippers and can be quite heavy! I actually like the colors though! My favorite color for MJ handbags is deff geranium, or this pretty dark indigo color I saw once!( light pinks are nice too! lol) The bags can be clunky and sooometimes tacky looking, but also some are classic and sophisticated, it's kinda hit or miss w/ his bags! :hardhead:

Originally posted by paris@Apr 9th, 2004 - 8:37 pm
I have a couple of bags that are a bit heavy, but they more or less have to be if you're using good, hardwearing, natural materials to make them...

My all-time favourite bag probably weighs 2 pounds or more empty.

Originally posted by tott+Apr 12th, 2004 - 4:44 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tott @ Apr 12th, 2004 - 4:44 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-paris@Apr 9th, 2004 - 8:37 pm
I have a couple of bags that are a bit heavy, but they more or less have to be if you're using good, hardwearing, natural materials to make them...

My all-time favourite bag probably weighs 2 pounds or more empty. [/b][/quote]
I agree. My HL is indestructable - high utility canvas and thick leather.

this site never ceases to amaze me...i expected a huge outpouring of lust and love for marc jacobs here...but is sounds like most of you couldn't care less...so then why is every other girl in this city sporting a stella.. :shock: :lol:

i love that so many of you think for yourselves and buck the trends... :flower:

MJ bags like the Stella just dont do it for me, not distinctive enough. And the term "multi-pocket bag" will always mean that fantastic Jil Sander bag from a year or so ago.
I liked the cute MJ purse with the locking clip but I wasn't going to pay £100 for it :blink:
By the way, if you like MJ but baulk at the price, check out Vogue this month. In the supplement there is a cute salmon-pink leather purse from Jigsaw, it is pure MJ and only £24. :heart: Not a copy either...

to be honest, i didn't have any interest in marc jacobs until the wynona rider incident :blush:

the problem i have with mj bags is the price. if i'm to drop $500 on a bag, i expect it to be multifunctional... so i choose lv or fendi over them.

another thing i'm worried about is their value. will mj lose its value in the future? i'm not into buying bags as as investment, but i can't stand seeing something i bought going for half its price the next year, either.

Originally posted by pearsandapples@Apr 12th, 2004 - 1:58 pm
i have found exact versions of his bags in vintage shops, made of wonderful leather and everything.
yeah, i know. i've bought bags that have the exact same style, and some with nicer leather at vintage shops etc. i would never buy one at full price. although, i do have a white hobo bag, but i got it for free because my sister interned there, and when i went to visit it her the people were really nice and i went home with one. :blush:

eh. they look like vintage bags. nothing special.

generally, I don't really like Marc jacobs bags either... but i'm currently lusting after a marc by marc satchel that is like a year old... ebay is being the devil.

I dont really like the Stellas... The Venetia is way too large...

and they are kinda heavy...

.... but i still want my satchel

I saw a minty green (fave color) gigantic bag w/tons of pockets at a store in May. We was practically crying that I could not afford the bag. However, I work at a resale shop that gets in tons of designer bags, so I'm hoping that in the fall, some rich lady will get sick of hers & IT WILL BE MINE!!!! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->