What Do You Feel About Marc Jacobs Bags?

I have loved MJ bags since the beginning, and it was the vintage quality that really drew me to them. I wasn't a fan of the brass trim, but now most of the bags have nickel, and it's very nice. I have a Sofia in eggshell (kind of like the hobo above, but more of a egg nog color) with black stitching. I never find it to be too heavy, and no one in San Francisco has one. I see Stella's alot more, which is why I didn't get that style.

p10460764_ph_hero.jpg

I'm loving some of new bags he has for fall. I went to the trunk show in SF, and they said the Stella, Sofia, MultiPocket, Cammie, Anouck and Venetia are "classic" bags, and they will change colors from season to season, but there will also be new "season-specific" bags. I really want this one:

12f.jpg

love that last one, but for Marc Jacobs fall collection...the shoes beat the bags :heart:

i like this one, remind me of a old carpet bag B)

Originally posted by Pradaromance12@May 19th, 2004 - 8:58 pm
love that last one, but for Marc Jacobs fall collection...the shoes beat the bags :heart:

i like this one, remind me of a old carpet bag B)
shape-wise, this one is nice (it also somewhat reminds me of a Celine bag---forgot the name), but I just never like the hardware on any MJ bags :ninja:

i guess im in the minority, but i love mj bags. they are a little bit heavy, but the leather is so thick and the hardware is strong.

i think they have a classic look to them too (well, most of them). simple structured bags. sure, there are some that are not so cute, but id rather have an mj bag than something like chloe which is just trendy

I don;t like them. It's like he saved all his style for his higher end line. These look like garbage bags to me.

i am not a fan of some of the MJ bags. i tried liking them by staring at the bags everyday after work but it didn't work for me. :flower:

I had one, and the quality was excellent. But between the suede lining and the hardware, it was so heavy that I stopped using it.

I love MJ bags... I definitely prefer to buy them at deep discounts though...
I just bought a washed rose stella on ebay... meanwhile I should be saving for Christmas presents

I love the stam. But the others I'm not so keen on. I think the leather is very good. Although, they always go on sale. Never pay full price for an MJ bag.

Love them; have a huge collection. My favorites are my original Fall 02 grape (a lovely plum color) Stella with brass buckle hardware, and my two Fall 05 icy leather stams.

The Stella ended up being a shape/size that worked perfectly for me; I have a huge collection of them, and they are my everyday work bag (papers, research notes, lunch, makeup bag, the works). I'm a research scientist/university professor/mother of two, so no little bags in my world.

They have held up amazingly well. Four solid years of use, and the grape Stella still turns heads. I imagine if I take good care of it, we will be together for decades.

first
Luna said:
generally, I don't really like Marc jacobs bags either... but i'm currently lusting after a marc by marc satchel that is like a year old... ebay is being the devil.

I dont really like the Stellas... The Venetia is way too large...

and they are kinda heavy...

.... but i still want my satchel

then

Luna said:
I love MJ bags... I definitely prefer to buy them at deep discounts though...
I just bought a washed rose stella on ebay... meanwhile I should be saving for Christmas presents

hehehehe. marc will make a lover outta anybody, eh luna!:wub: :brows: :stuart: gotcha!:lol: :boxer: :magic: :rofl:

congrats on your new bag luna! im so envious of you right now, that color is TDF!!!!!:buzz:

I love Marc Jacobs bags, mostly because of the wide variety of designs he's put out. Trawling through ebay auctions daily, I never fail to find something of his I've never seen before, though I have to say that his Marc by Marc line of bags seem more wearable most of the time. Perhaps they just suit my lifestyle better - I don't live in a big city, and don't work in a corporate field, so don't really need or suit the more glamorous, super-smart looking bags of his. I own one MJ Collection bag, but it's styling is more casual, a barrel bag shape and I love it!

This thread inspired me to check out what bags are out there right now, and I found this MbyMJ 'Krazy Kord' Commuter Satchel. It's surprised me because it's not what I usually go for, but I love it's carpet bag feel! Comes in the pink (strangely called 'Mahogany'), and teal.

Pics from nordstrom.com
MbyMJKrazyKordCommuterSatchelMahoga.jpg
MbyMJKrazyKordCommuterSatchelTeal.jpg

Top of my wishlist at the moment is to find the tote posted by MarcJacobsQueenBee in #44 above, in Firebird red! Unfortunately they seem to be like hens' teeth - I can't even find a pic of it to post. :(

ahhhhhh...old threads are fun...i think marc's really grown into his own with his bags now...he's getting more and more creative each season...and i keep scouring ebay for his bags....i :wub: MJ!

i'm not really keen on them. so far i only really like the stam, but i'm over it now.

i kinda like the marc by marc jacobs more lately

MJ's bags are literally a mixed bag for me!
I really liked the things he was doing around 2003-ish and now not so much. I have 2 Marc by Marc bags and they are really cute and fun looking...I bought the white Mia Satchel bag of his awhile back and use it alot...it's very functional and I love it for a travel bag.
I also have a bordeaux hobo bag that is beautiful and I use often enough.

I am not big on the Stams...I do have a violet one which I got when they first came out, but the way they keep going on and on with the Stam theme makes it feel not-so-special! I am waiting for the day when all the kiddies are running around carrying their Stams and Stam-look-alikes because it makes me feel unoriginal :lol:

Some of his bags like my Mia, are nicely constructed and not too heavy while others are super clunky, heavy and impractical...You just have to see his bags in person first for sure to be positive it will be worth the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->