What Hair Products Did You Buy Today?

^I don't understand shampoos. They all seem to do the same (clean your har), yet there are 300 different L'oreal shampoos. Some of them so smell better than others^_^

^And that is all there is, pretty much. This Finnish blogger, who`s really acquainted with the chemistry and ingredients behind the products, once compared incs of few different shampoos which were advertised each to have different impact on hair. Well, there were small indifferences in the ingredients, but nothing which was supposed to make those advertised promises to happen. Basically the qualities are the same in all the products. The biggest difference between cheaper and more expensive shampoos is that cheaper ones include more water and therefore you need to use them more at once, and they deplete faster.

Sometimes they really add something like Keratin in to the products, but it really doesn`t make any difference since the hair can`t "suck it in" from its surface. The smoothing effect is almost always from silicones, it is the easiest and cheapest way to sleek the hair. Of course cosmetic companies like to tell about fancy oils and stuff they add in their products, but most of the time there are so small percent those particular ingredients it doesn`t make any difference.

But still, I am always the one for trying new bottles when I see them, always looking for the perfect product. It`s just fun. But it is good to keep in mind in cosmetic industry advertising is everything and take the promises with the grain of salt. As most of women do, we just love our beautiful cans :D

^Any chance the Finnish blogger blogged in english? I wouldn't mind reading that! Thank you for your post:flower:

Unfortunately she writes in Finnish. Usually I`m not very interested in blogs, but her posts are so interesting. Her reviews are very insightful and objective, but at the same time she is so delightfully and sincerely enthusiastic about the cosmetic world. You can find her blog here http://karkkipaiva.indiedays.com/, maybe if you knew a good online translator, you could be able to read it?

I just realized I propably sound like I am promoting my own blog here, but I am not :D Her posts just immediately crossed my mind when I read your shampoo comment, eizhowa.

And I have gone so off topic, at first I was meant to write I bought Loreals Extraordinary Oil shampoo and conditioner. I just washed my hair by them, and I may notice a slight difference in my hair, hopefully due to the "Extraordinary Oil", my hair feels really soft, sleek but very clean. Nice basic shampoo for winter hair.

Marlies Möller Overnight Mask.
Marlies Möller Pashmisilk Conditioner.
Marlies Möller Instant Care Hair Tip Mask.

Christophe Robin Scrub Lavant Purifiant au sel marin.
Christophe Robin Masque régénérant à l'huile rare de figue de barbarie.

10793114-1365090441-943697.jpg

lookfantastic

APemcUxl.png

feelunique

I use Herbal Essences (any kind) and then I use Aussie conditioner on the ends. It's always really soft and people say it's very shiny but I'm in that really bad habit of washing my hair almost every day.

Rahua Elixir.
Oribe Signature Mask.
Oribe Signature Conditioner.

Kiehl's Strengthening and Hydrating Hair Oil-in-Cream.

Toni&Guy Sky High Volume Dry Shampoo (on an eternal hunt for a dry shampoo whose smell doesn't make me gag - this one seems promising).

Christophe Robin Lotion de finition éclat blonds au vinaigre de fruits.
Christophe Robin Lotion de finition régénérante au vinaigre d'Hibiscus.

Oribe Bright Blonde Shampoo.
Oribe Ultra Gentle Conditioner.
Christophe Robin Lotion de finition éclat blonds au vinaigre de fruits.
Christophe Robin Lotion de finition régénérante au vinaigre d'Hibiscus.
Rahua Elixir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->