What Skin Care / Treatment Did You Buy Today? #2

^ I've read about this brand on beauty blogs lately. If I understood correctly, they are very reasonably priced, nothing extra added but effective ingredients, even the bottles and boxes are very minimalistic looking, propably due to cost-effectiveness. To me they look quite stylish, what do you think about the products themselves?

VogueDisciple93, absolutely! I'm obsessed with Caffeine solution, it is the only product that has erased my eyebags. :woot: I am recommending this product to everyone with such problems. Moisturizer and argan oil were for my mum (she loves both!) and I haven't received Vitamin C yet, but can report in a while.
I also have a hyaluronic concentrate and foot cream from the other Deciem brand (called The Chemistry Brand) and they are absolutely fantastic! I will repurchase hyaluronic acid again. It's supposed to be for hands and body (hence the generous size of the product), but it doesn't contain any fragrance or other ingredients that would be damaging for sensitive skin, so I highly recommend it as skincare step, followed by a heavier cream or oil. :flower:

Repurchase for the 4th time :heart:

2016102615460815919_lrg.jpg

dermae

Does anyone have any recommendations to shrink the size of pores? Because the ones on my nose are huge.

Does anyone have any recommendations to shrink the size of pores? Because the ones on my nose are huge.

First let me say I am not a dermatologist or an esthetician, I am trying to figure this out myself, but one big thing before any recommendations; Pore sizes are genetically determined and there are NO OVER THE COUNTER PRODUCTS THAT CAN SHRINK THEM. Don't despair though, you can make pores less visible by keeping them clean, pores are noticeable when they are not clean.

1. Use cleansers/masks/peels rich in Salicylic Acid. Salicylic acid deep cleans out oil, sebum, and loosens desmosomes that clogs pores.
2. Glycolic acid is another great ingredient to use, it exfoliates dead skin cells away that clog pores.
3. Exfoliate. Exfoliate. Exfoliate. A few times a week you will need something more that just a cleanser to deeply get your skin clean and help with cell turnover.
4. Stay away from comedogenic (clogging) ingredients such as wax, red dyes, most seed oils, coconut oil, avocado oil. Everyone's skin is different, so some will not react to some of these ingredients on their face but the chance they will clog your pores is greater than not.
5. Sunscreen. Yes it is applicable here as well lol. UV damage overtime will enlarge pores by thinning skin and leading to damaged collagen.

I did mention that there are no over the counter products to reduce pore size, but there ARE ways to achieve pore shrinkage if cleansing does not make them unnoticeable as you like.
1. Prescription level Retinoids like Retin A will shrink pores as they shrink oil glands, but while this will do the trick your pores will revert to their natural size once you stop the treatment.
2. For a more permanent fix, you can get non-ablative laser treatmentS.

I know this is a lot of information but I wanted to shoot down the big misconception about "shrinking" pores and also give you some ingredients to look for incase any suggestions here do not work for/available to you.

I use Peter Thomas Roth's Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel, it has both Salicylic and Glycolic acids and the pores on my cheeks are all but unnoticeable since I started using it. I also started exfoliating and making broad spectrum sunscreen an absolute MUST.

Really hope this all helps :flower:

^ Some really great advices here! I would also add niacinamide to the list. It is an anti-acne and anti-aging ingredient, but most importantly it brightens the skin (blemishes) and cleares the pores, so they appear smaller. You can find it the brand The Ordinary (really cheap) and some other brands. I recently bought an overnight face mask from Mizon that contains a lot of niacinamide too.

You can also use double cleansing method - first some cleansing oil and then a gel cleanser. Clay as a mask helps a lot too.

Last edited by a moderator:
First let me say I am not a dermatologist or an esthetician, I am trying to figure this out myself, but one big thing before any recommendations; Pore sizes are genetically determined and there are NO OVER THE COUNTER PRODUCTS THAT CAN SHRINK THEM. Don't despair though, you can make pores less visible by keeping them clean, pores are noticeable when they are not clean.

1. Use cleansers/masks/peels rich in Salicylic Acid. Salicylic acid deep cleans out oil, sebum, and loosens desmosomes that clogs pores.
2. Glycolic acid is another great ingredient to use, it exfoliates dead skin cells away that clog pores.
3. Exfoliate. Exfoliate. Exfoliate. A few times a week you will need something more that just a cleanser to deeply get your skin clean and help with cell turnover.
4. Stay away from comedogenic (clogging) ingredients such as wax, red dyes, most seed oils, coconut oil, avocado oil. Everyone's skin is different, so some will not react to some of these ingredients on their face but the chance they will clog your pores is greater than not.
5. Sunscreen. Yes it is applicable here as well lol. UV damage overtime will enlarge pores by thinning skin and leading to damaged collagen.

I did mention that there are no over the counter products to reduce pore size, but there ARE ways to achieve pore shrinkage if cleansing does not make them unnoticeable as you like.
1. Prescription level Retinoids like Retin A will shrink pores as they shrink oil glands, but while this will do the trick your pores will revert to their natural size once you stop the treatment.
2. For a more permanent fix, you can get non-ablative laser treatmentS.

I know this is a lot of information but I wanted to shoot down the big misconception about "shrinking" pores and also give you some ingredients to look for incase any suggestions here do not work for/available to you.

I use Peter Thomas Roth's Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel, it has both Salicylic and Glycolic acids and the pores on my cheeks are all but unnoticeable since I started using it. I also started exfoliating and making broad spectrum sunscreen an absolute MUST.

Really hope this all helps :flower:

It most definitely did, thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed answer. :smile: I used to have an exfoliant with salicylic acid but my nose (and the area around it) has rather sensitive skin so it made it red, so I had to throw it away. I already exfoliate and my nose is super smooth but its pores are just as big lol, so I guess the key is probably finding a gentler salicylic acid product.

I had a look at The Ordinarys product line today. Well, actually, I checked them out yesterday and have since then spent several hours researching what could be the matter with the products... Apparantely, I have trust issues when it comes to cheap products. Fingers crossed they are not all made using child labour or something...

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2%
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 - 3
The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil
The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

FINALLY ordered some things from The Ordinary :smile:

The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%
The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
The Ordinary 100% Cold-Pressed Virgin Marula Oil

I find that the most effective remedy is to stop wearing glasses or contact lenses:wink:

I use the glycolic acid peel from makeup artists choice. It's potent, I find it to be as strong as the peels I've had at my Derm's office. After a peel or two and using the Clarasonic I had invisible pores on my nose and forehead. If you don't want to go such a harsh route you could try their gly-uronic sermon. It's a serum that exfoliates the pores but hydrates and softens. I use that whenever I give my skin breaks from peels.

Btw I'm not affiliated noe sponsored by makeup artists choice, I just happen to like their products a lot

Makeupartistschoice.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SebBlack
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->