What's the worst designer item ?

pointup said:
^ I AGREE :lol:

lots of things on project runway were bad.. I HATE THIS DRESS THING
pic_runway_ep2_austin.jpg
If it were without a tiedye heart, if the ruffles were more pronounced and if it were a turtle neck it would be much nicer.

Diorling said:
If it were without a tiedye heart, if the ruffles were more pronounced and if it were a turtle neck it would be much nicer.
I agree. If it was a totally different concept, it would be much nicer. :lol: :innocent: :wink:

To comment on the coat that started this thread. I think it's awful because it shows complete lack of comitment, creativity, or intellect. In the hands of Galliano (2 years ago) it would have looked fine, but the screaming aesthetic really gets the better of designers sometimes. There is a moment when that "creativity" turns into gimmickry.

My pick:

00370f.jpg

:D yes, so true plumage, this little Galliano "warhol-inspired" line was pretty hiddeous ..its from fw05.06 and supposedly was inspired from Eddie Sedwick and the actory scene ... i mean pllleeease John, mercy :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
recently, anything by PHI... such cheap rip-offs:

00030f.jpg
balenciaga

100128046.jpg

ann demeulemeester... even the setting

Lena said:
:D yes, so true plumage, this little Galliano "warhol-inspired" line was pretty hiddeous ..its from fw05.06 and supposedly was inspired from Eddie Sedwick and the actory scene ... i mean pllleeease John, mercy :rolleyes:

Yeah! I don't know either why this season's Galliano collection was so praised. Clearly, the Jean Shrimpton 60's were a big inflence on the runways, but some carried it off so well. Proenza Schouler or Chanel for example. John Galliano stated that the usual theatrics went into the cut (not a very strong one at that), etc... He still seems like a drama queen to me. Maybe there is something for him to learn from the likes of Alexander Mcqueen and Rei kawakubo.

Okay. The Versace FW HC 2001 collection makes me feel gross everytime I look at it. It's completely nasty (in terms of dirt nasty). The hair looks like a novice landscaper with carpel tunnel did it. And the clothes just look.........I cannot even describe them :shock: :sick:

(photos from Firstview.com)

00013.L.JPG

This makes me sad. It's just so bad! :(
00024.L.JPG

And this mess takes the cake! Look at the hair! :angry: :cry:
00032.L.JPG

00035.L.JPG

*faints*

yeah, that wasnt a very good collection, as much as i want to like versace :( and i actually like that first givenchy couture coat, just without "givenchy" and "couture" plastered all over it...

toohipforbrooklyn said:
and i actually like that first givenchy couture coat, just without "givenchy" and "couture" plastered all over it...

but without all that, it wouldn't be anything but a mere standard white trench.... and not really the best i've ever seen, either...

Andrew Mackenzie & D Squared
...kings of Chav population :sick:

In the 4th row, second photo. What is that woman doing? :shock:

00163.L.JPG

"The horror" at Alexander Mcqueen. What's with the Ronald McDonald wig and that thing hanging from her.

AudiEC said:
"The horror" at Alexander Mcqueen. What's with the Ronald McDonald wig and that thing hanging from her.

take away the makeup, wig and that sash thing, and that two-piece suit she has on is actually very nice :heart:

That collection was honestly scary. I think I had a nightmare like that once. :lol:

I don't think that Alexander Mcqueen collection is bad at all. True, the clowns are cliche, which makes them silly. But knowing, McQueen...it;s his style.

Haha, I love this thread.
Looking at what we hate and analyzing why we do can be really valuable though. In an art class I had, we had to go to a museum and pick out two paintings to discuss : one that we immediately liked, and one that we immediately disliked, just out of matters of taste. We then went back and analyzed each one formally, because as much as we hate some things, they still have value.
Also it's just fun to gorge yourself on terrible fashion sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->