What's your favourite RTW collection season of all time?

I think the seasons between 2005-2008 were the best IMO, the designers were really pushing themselves in terms of creativity, silhouette, design and fabrications :heart:

It's hard to choose any out of those, but personally I'd have to say probably 2007. I loved all the futurism the designers played around with!
agreed.
Fueled by subprime lending, the economy was doing great for everyone.
FW2007 was the last dance before the GFC.

For me, it is FW 2003 ... hands down ! That season gave us so many iconic looks, moments, and shows. I was enraptured by fashion and knew I HAD to work in it from this season. My favourites within that season:

Gucci - Tiiu opening the show in that white coat with ballooning sleeves walking over a sea of white rose petals as Rob Dougan's Clubbed To Death 2 plays is so engrained in me it's in my DNA probably. That whole collection and show both were beyond perfection !
Dior - THE SHOW OF SHOWS. The looks, the shoes, the soundtrack, the casting ... security, Nadine Strittmatter, and the PETA protestor moment !! It was so much fun !!!
Versace - It was Versace at one of its peaks under Donatella and when they still did sexy and womanly gowns. The casting was great with the girls understanding they need to WALK !

Other shows include John Galliano, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Alexander McQueen, Rochas, Versus, Roberto Cavalli, and Dolce & Gabbana. Great season !!!!

agreed.
Fueled by subprime lending, the economy was doing great for everyone.
FW2007 was the last dance before the GFC.

Great point! I hadn't thought about how much the recession impacted the fashion industry in a long time. Now the end of the golden age makes more sense haha.

I'll join the herd by agreeing the seasons from 2005-2009 were a golden age. Coincidentally (or not) these years also coincide not just with a renaissance in fashion, but in modeling as well. Majority of our fav girls peaked in this era. It seems the quality clothes is proportional to the quality of the models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    yoshii
    Back
    monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
    <-- Admiral -->