Where do you get your fashion news / insider info from?

nationalsalt

Reaction score
Whether it's physical publications, online news sites, Twitter / IG accounts, journalists or influencers - who and what do you follow to stay in the know?

There isn't one particular source I check all the time. Sometimes I find out about something through this forum, through word of mouth, through people I know who work in fashion-related fields, through Puck, and through any of the various fashion-related social media accounts I follow. If I'm in the mood to just scroll through exclusively fashion-related news and stories, I'll go to WWD or BoF.

as most of the members said, tFS, Instagram is basically a rip off version of tiktok now, kids spread tons of rumours. I also used to read the insider info on SG but it's probably lies so I don't trust them that much.

Literally tFS. I can’t stand attention seeking Instagram pages like StyleNotCom or DietPrada (RIP).

Style Not Com is a bit cringe, but in a way I almost find endearing. Outsider who feels excited to be invited to the party. At least that was my impression, haven't checked lately. I don't follow but I am happy for their success.

Diet Prada and several others, however, are unbearable. Late to everything and the worst, most obvious takes.

Does anyone remember Coco Perez? 🤭

Style Not Com is a bit cringe, but in a way I almost find endearing. Outsider who feels excited to be invited to the party. At least that was my impression, haven't checked lately. I don't follow but I am happy for their success.
If I'm not mistaken it's run by a guy who used to be a (quite prolific) member here years ago, so that aura tracks I suppose.

Oh and to answer the OP's question, 95% tFS and 5% Instagram for the past 5 years or so.

TFS, some industry friends/connections, Lauren Scherman’s podcast or Puck, WWD, some French newspapers.
But tbh, the best news are informal because they actually give more context and helps to look beyond the frame when you have a knowledge of the industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiekar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->