Where to shop when travelling in ______?

If you go to South Africa, be sure to check out YDE - Young Designer's Emporium. It is a major store now, you'll find it in all the major malls and it features the best of young designer's pieces. It really is a gem.

And in Cape Town, the beach boutiques are so beautiful.

Bracelona anyone? Who stocks Comme des garcons, Ann Demeulemeester etc?

Frankfurt OR Strasbourg

i'm heading to Frankfurt and then to Strasbourg in May.

Any tips for reasonably-priced but good quality clothing (women's)?
i'm not a fashion victim, rather looking for well-made clothing that won't break my bank.

Okay so even if you don't have tips for well-made clothing shops, whatever tips you do have would still put me ahead.
:smile:

thanks!

Tushka Bella - I'm glad I saw your post. I am travelling to Cape Town in a few weeks and am looking forward to doing some shopping there. I will be staying in the Nelson, which is in Gardens, I think? Should I be able to find YDE in a mall near there? Are there any other South African designers or labels that are worth checking out while I am there?

melt977 - I wish I could remember the name of some of the boutiques I liked in Barcelona but I came across some good ones down in the El Born district which would probably stock those names. I know that isn't much help, but if you are strolling around down there (some great restaurants there too :smile: ) keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bordeaux

I'm going to Bordeaux this summer, and i was juts wondering if anyone knows where to shop there?

Thanks in advance :P

I'm going to Florida in about a month.. where to shop?
I'll be heading to Miami, ft lauderdale, orlando and travel around by car everywhere but the very south of Florida I think.

Also in the Caribbean.. I'll be going on a cruise and I'm visiting San Juan in Puerto Rico(3rd of march, monday), Charlotte Amalie in St. Thomas(4th of march, tuesday), St. Johns in Antigua(5th of march, wednesday), Philipsburg in St. Marteen(6th of march, thursday) and Nassau in Bahamas(8th of march, saturday). Any good thrift stores in those areas? Or very good (and cheap!) markets? And in Florida any "usual" (forever21, H&M, etc) and thrift/vintage stores(again, they should be cheap)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->