Which Countries Need Vogue?

I think Taiwanese Vogue is shame for VOGUE title and Conde Nast.

First of all, as it was mentioned before, I also would like to have four Vogue editions only - US, UK, Italia and Paris.

But if we stick to the today's situation - theoretically developed countries like Canada, Netherlands or Denmark could have their own editions, but those fashion markets are just too small. Vogue US, Vogue UK, Vogue Paris... Those editions are bought not in the countries of origin only, but also outside - because people around the world speak English or French. How many people speak Danish? Just look at f.ex. Vogue Hellas and you'll understand.

And last, but not least, I would prefer Conde Nast to work on the quality of the Vogues we have up to the moment rather than investing in new ones:smile:

First, I would be so bored every month if we only had 4 Vogues. And besides, they're many better editions than US Vogue... to name 2: Vogue Nippon and Vogue Russia. Why keep a sh*tty Vogue when you can have much better?

Second, if the quality of the magazine is good, people will buy it. I have many different magazines from all over the world and I only speak English and French. Plus many other tFS members do the same. Vogue Hellas isn't popular because it doesn't have very good quality, not because it's in Greek. I also think it's funny to see a beautiful language, like Greek, in a magazine, even if you can't read it. Plus each different Vogue has something to offer. A new Vogue from Denmark would offer a perspective into Danish fashion, like Copenhagen fashion week.

Last, it's up to the editors of the editions to make good content. Conde Nast can only fire people and try to find better. But it's highly unlikely like that an editor would be fired unless he/she does a really sh*tty job.

This is all my opinion. I just wanted to put it out there.
Hope I wasn't being too b*tchy. :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Taiwanese Vogue is shame for VOGUE title and Conde Nast.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have seen better 'House and Garden' covers.

First, I would be so bored every month if we only had 4 Vogues. And besides, they're many better editions than US Vogue... to name 2: Vogue Nippon and Vogue Russia. Why keep a sh*tty Vogue when you can have much better?

Second, if the quality of the magazine is good, people will buy it. I have many different magazines from all over the world and I only speak English and French. Plus many other tFS members do the same. Vogue Hellas isn't popular because it doesn't have very good quality, not because it's in Greek. I also think it's funny to see a beautiful language, like Greek, in a magazine, even if you can't read it. Plus each different Vogue has something to offer. A new Vogue from Denmark would offer a perspective into Danish fashion, like Copenhagen fashion week.

Last, it's up to the editors of the editions to make good content. Conde Nast can only fire people and try to find better. But it's highly unlikely like that an editor would be fired unless he/she does a really sh*tty job.

This is all my opinion. I just wanted to put it out there.
Hope I wasn't being too b*tchy. :ninja:

No, no worries, you weren't :wink: Thanks for your opinion.

I still think 4 Vogues would be enough. I've always thought of Vogue to be, you know, the most luxurious and the same hard to get fashion magazine (logistically and money-wise). If something is rare, it's becoming more precious.

And then - I can't imagine Vogue in any of the Nordic countries. They are doing fantastic job in fashion, but it doesn't mean they should create an edition there. I see them better coming up with something of their own. Every country has a lot to offer and it doesn't mean that every country should have it's Vogue edition as it isn't the only fashion magazine we have. (This applies to other countries too.)

And about language to some extent I understand your point - I do also have some issues of Vogue Italia and Vogue Russia, although I don't speak those languages. But I don't buy them regularly and I never will. I can't imagine European or American or any other non-Japanese person buying Vogue Nippon on monthly basis just because it's of good quality (again - unless he/she speaks Japanese).

Finally, sorry, but I can't agree with the point, that quality of a magazine makes more people buy it. If it's good, it will just get better comments on TFS and more people will be looking for it's editorials on-line (journalism studies have made me so pessimistic regarding media quality...). Anyway, this is my opinion, and in case somebody has detailed Vogue circulation data, I would really appreciate sharing it.

I hope I wasn't b--chy either:unsure:

:lol: are you kidding me? i think vogue would be good as a sort of educational manual for people without taste (that would be a hard task) but again... im afraid that the result would have to go down to a huge compromise between FASHION and celebrity and luxury crap -- i dont want to even imagine it! :shock:. plus... the fashion market here is not big enough and i dont think it would have a solid base of readers... so at the moment i prefer having no vogue rather than a sh*tty vogue... :lol:

If Portugal, Greece or India etc. can have edition of Vogue, there is no problem to have Czech & Slovak edition :P If there will be any new European edition of Vogue it is almost certain that it will be for central/east european countryB)

^Vogue Paris and Vogue Italia are the best, but I think it makes sense to have a Vogue US since New York is a huge fashion epicenter and I read somewhere that Vogue was founded here. Vogue UK makes a little sense since London was huge in the 60s, though I'm not too fond of it now :ninja:
Maybe Vogue Canada. Or maybe that's Flair, idk how big it is there.

No More Vogue !!!!!

You guys always complaint about reprints and you want more Vogue ?

A Vogue Arabic is needed ... and after that that would enough ...
But first Conde Nast should get rid off of Vogue Australia, Vogue Korea, Vogue Portugal, Vogue Mexico and perhaps Vogue Hellas and Vogue Spain ...

Conde Nast should work on other publications with those countries ... Something as High as Vogue (not Glamour) but completely apart from Vogue ... Something New ! Something Fresh ! Something Exciting ! Something that embodies those country ...

Build a NEW BRAND - other than Glamour, W, GQ etc.

If Portugal, Greece or India etc. can have edition of Vogue, there is no problem to have Czech & Slovak edition :P If there will be any new European edition of Vogue it is almost certain that it will be for central/east european countryB)
Wouldn't it be better to just do a Slavic Country version, as aren't the languages in those countries very similar to each other?

Vogue with diffrences of language is the best. Like now they have English, Japanese, Korean, French, Italian, Chinese, Spanish, German and Russian. I wish what will happen next is something with unique language like Arabic.

I sometime wish Thai but I think it wouldn't. Agree with BerlinRocks - no more Vogue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vogue Norway wouldn't have been a bad thing. Although I'm content with reading Vogue Italy/etc/etc. We don't need more Vogue's if they're bad. Quality over quantity.

Wouldn't it be better to just do a Slavic Country version, as aren't the languages in those countries very similar to each other?
theyre similar maybe to the foreigners. like, why not have a germanic vogue since dutch, german and swedish sounds similar? :P its about different tastes as well, i guess. too much to please.

I could see Scandinavian Vogue... :ninja:
Vogue Spain is a keeper, they have beatiful covers, not many reprints.

sure, I mean slavic issue^_^
And they could put Slavic girls on the cover every month. And maybe some under rated girls like Kamila W., Olga or Marcelina, etc. Now that would be amaizng!

If there was an Arabic language Vogue, what country would it be based in? Would it be a conglomerate of all Arabic speaking countries? Or does it not even matter as long as all the content is written in Arabic?

Oh Korean vogue getting better. They uses many reprint eds, but original eds are great

Pretty interesting... I've heard a lot of rumors about this, but I never knew how far along things went.

Time to tell the true story of when we were about to launch Scandinavian VOGUE...

| Aug 13, 2009 | 0 comments

In Friday’s season première of the eminent fashion radio show Stil in Swedish Radio’s P1 station, Claes Britton is interviewed by show hostess Susanne Ljung about the time when we came close to launching Scandinavian VOGUE some seven years plus ago, on commission by the Condé Nast publishing house. It was a big venture in two turns spanning over a period of three years, conducted in collaboration with the Condé Nast International headquarters in London, before being turned down a second time by the exeutives in New York, whereupon we also took the decision to cease publication of our own magazine, Stockholm New. Hitherto, for some reason, we’ve been secretive with this big and exciting project, known only by a small clique of close collaborators, but when Susanne Ljung contacted us to make an interview about Condé Nast, which is the theme for the show, we saw no reason not to tell it as it was. The show is aired on Swedish Radion P1 at 10.03 Friday 14 augusti and again Saturday 15 August 08.05. Of course you can also listen to the show on the web.
brittonbritton.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->