Which models get the best/worse work?

I think Kasia Struss is making her way up. She was just featured in US Vogue. I don't know if that was her first time in the magazine, but it definitely helps a model's career IMO.

She has been around for a while but was never really BIG BIG. She is kind of overshadowed by many other models she models with.

Kim Noorda has definitely always just been... simmering. She's been around for ages but hasn't quite hit paydirt yet. Maybe she'll pull an Anja or Raquel and randomly make it big?

I cannot STAND her, but I've never understood how Chanel Iman could get such enviable editorial work but hardly ever walk away with a major campaign.

I'm partial to Mona J and Ai, so I obviously agree that they don't get nearly the grade of work they should :wink: I also feel like Georgia Frost is terribly underrated; maybe if Georgia May Jagger can parlay a career out of having the same bombshell quality as Lara, my Georgia can as well? I do hope the age of the slavic ice queens is melting away...
Well that could be said of all the Major black models working now! Unless you're Liya or Naomi you probably won't be getting huge campaigns...... sad but true.:cry:

^ Sad, but very true. I've never understood that, and I don't just think it's because I'm black. Jessica White's Chloe ads were amazing; as much as I dislike her, Chanel looks great in her Ralph Lauren ones. She looks just as all American and regal and Fillipa and Valentina. Nothing would excite me more than to see a black model as the face of another major campaign.

I feel like Lisa Cant deserves better work. But I hear she's focusing on school, so I'm not sure if she's completely focusing on the modelling right now.

Maryna gets work but I feel that she gets the short-end of it
last time she was in Vogue was a one shot in an article about Pucci
she gets Harper's Bazaar but I consider that to be average work..and when she shoots
for Numero its always cover worthy but she has yet to get a cover. and she needs to get more campagns...her best campaign season was when Meisel was shooting her in S/S 08 and F/W 08 Dsquared2, Mulberry, Belstaff, VJC, Joop Jeans...

i think Iselin Steiro gets great work for someone so low key.

^I was just thinking about Iselin, after going through Balenciaga campaign thread. It's really impressive how she can be gone for a number of years, come back and be getting this good a work. Lanvin last season, Balenciaga this season, only the best catwalks, etc.

Iselin always gets good work indeed :smile: I have to say the model who gets the editorials with best themes is always Sasha! I totally dislike her and I always wish a favorite of mine would've gotten her job, she's always working with my favorite photographers. :P

Poor Caroline Trentini has a great potencial and she was never a favorite of VP and only has a few VI eds, she's not working as much lately but when she appeared in VP or VI on her best days she always looked great. :crush:

Raquel has been getting some great ediotorials as well, especially since 2008 all her eds were just incredible :wub:

Elsa Sylvan gets too little work considering her potential, she would deserve a huge OG campaign already.

Well, I think there often is a natural explanation to why talented models often seem to get the "best" editorials. They are talented and their work (expression, poses, etc) is often a big part of the explanation to why the editorial is considered to be great.

A less talented model could be casted in a million dollar budget editorial and it could still be considered average because of the lack of a positive contribution from the model.

Considering her runway work, I think Vlada gets very little work for a model of her stature. She's been working for years and her runway work is fantastic, her editorial and campaign gigs were great, but now she gets little editorials each year and at least 1 campaign for the past 3 seasons.

Well, I think there often is a natural explanation to why talented models often seem to get the "best" editorials. They are talented and their work (expression, poses, etc) is often a big part of the explanation to why the editorial is considered to be great.

A less talented model could be casted in a million dollar budget editorial and it could still be considered average because of the lack of a positive contribution from the model.

I think what we mean by "best work" is "prestigious" work, high profile campaigns, main Vogue covers/eds, etc, not necessarily whose pictures are most gorgeous.

I'm not sure why Dree "Hemingway" is getting all these ad campaigns.She is dead on the runway and not any better in the ads...

I think than she is the great-grand-daughter of Ernest & following the steps of her aunt Margaux.

I think what we mean by "best work" is "prestigious" work, high profile campaigns, main Vogue covers/eds, etc, not necessarily whose pictures are most gorgeous.

Yeah, i.e. Georgia Jagger. She's getting some pretty high profile work at the moment, but I don't think may could argue her being a natural talent when it comes to modeling.

Sasha Pivovirova would be someone I consider very talented and gets the work that she's due. Unfortunately, this isn't the case for most models.

I'm always a bit dissapointed as to not see Masha Novoseleva getting the deserved high fashion work. I mean, she's a true stunner in print and working rather good on a constant (more or less) commercial level - which is certainly very nice to earn money. But still, I'd love to see her in some more hf-stuff, and shows! (Yes, she's not the tallest but I think there are much more short girls around these days who are way less expressive than Masha is).

This thread makes me think of poor Caroline Trentini, forever hovering in mid-air in endless studio jumping shoots..

Kasia Struss has a great runway body of work, but I haven't seen so many eds or high profile ads with her recently (expt for Alberta Ferretti campaign)..same for Hanne Gaby Odiele..these years they're two of the most booked models on the catwalks...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moddydoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->