Whitney Port to Work for DVF?

stateofbliss

Reaction score
The Hills' Whitney Port will reportedly leave Kelly Cutrone's fashion PR and production company People's Revolution during the current season of The Hills; she may depart for Diane von Furstenberg as the label's in-house PR rep. And the cameras might follow.
observer

Whitney Port to Leave People's Revolution; Going to DVF?!

Aug 21, 2008 @ 3:30pm

So here's something we heard last night:
Whitney Port is leaving People's Revolution, probably sometime during Season 4 which just premiered, to do in-house PR for an unnamed designer.
No word on whether she leaves happily or begrudgingly, or whether she takes Lauren with her.
And where is she going? It's not totally confirmed, but the name Miguelina Gambaccini did come up...
UPDATE: We did a little asking around, and it looks like she's going to end up at... DVF! Though the DVF press office says they "can't confirm"...
fashionista.com

Seriously? The MTV producers really hooked her up with this one. I didn't know DVF would be cool with being filmed like that.

*yawn*

DVF.

If she was working for Gaultier or Rodarte maybe I'd be more excited.

It fits with her alleged spin-off show, afterall people are interested in the fashoin world, They probably have a whole Devil Wears Prada storyline involved with Whitney acting it out as Anne Hathaway. A naive sweet girl trying to make it in NY...

Why these girls with no exceptional talent or remarkable intelligence should be handed these amazing opportunities is beyond my comprehension.

LC getting a (very highly coveted) internship at MJ, this chick working at DVF.....

Why not hand these positions to people who've worked their a$$es off?

if lauren follows whitney to dvf then i really know their job "opportunities" are rigged and just for show

Whitney and Lauren don't really "work" for People's Revolution. Please, as if either girl would have time. They both have to film for the Hills and they both have their own fashion lines - Whit doesn't have time for a full-time job. If anyone truly believes that Whitney got this DVF job on their own, they're naive. The producers are working on this ...but they already have a contract w/Kelly Cutrone for S4. She can't up and leave. I bet they're just going to have Whitney "help" DVF during NY Fashion Week, like Lauren did for MJ.

Well they don't need to work, they both get paid a lot for being on The Hills, well Lauren does anyway. E! says she gets 1.5 million per season...

These The Hills girls must have fat wallets, they are completely dull and have no imagination whatsoever. It's the only explanation.

I can't help but watch the Hills, the drama just sucks me in. But I really can't stand the opportunities these girls are handed. Some of us work our ***es off, just to get unpaid internships, and here they are, getting everything handed on a silver platter, complete with a hair and make up team. It's soo ridiculous!!

Well, whitney isnt that much in the episodes so why not??
I think she is the only normal one of the show

Perez confirmed she got a pr job at DVF and cameras have been filming her there.

The rumors turned out to be true!
According to a new report, Whitney Port started a P.R. gig with top design house Diane von Furstenberg on Monday.
MTV has been spotted filming at the company's offices this week.
AND a friend of Whitney's has reportedly been hired by the DVF crew too!
Sounds like WhitWhit is filming a spinoff to us!
perezhilton

I wonder which friend was hired? She better be interesting. Whitney is sweet, but I can't imagine that she'd be able to lead a show. The producers are going to want drama, and I can't see Whitney fighting or crying on camera.

Unless they want it to be more focused on the fashoin world and less about a soap opera.

See, I was hoping they'd focus more about fashion on the Hills once they brought People's Revolution in, but that wasn't the case. I'd love for them to focus on fashion, but I don't expect much from mtv.

ugh DVF doesn't need this sort of exposure, whyyy would anyone want to be connected to the girls from the hills.

i would also love if they focused in fashion more but i dont think we would really get a good idea of how it all works because EVERYTHING in the hills is fake and manipulated sooo..

See, I was hoping they'd focus more about fashion on the Hills once they brought People's Revolution in, but that wasn't the case. I'd love for them to focus on fashion, but I don't expect much from mtv.

well maybe with Whitney in the lead they will. I know LC's job at People's Revolution is fake and just for the show but Whit's wasn't...but since she isn't the star there isn't a whole lot of focus there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->