Whitney Port To Design Own Fashion Line: Eve & A

Well to be fair, these celeb lines geared towards the young market pretty much always wind up looking very similar anyway. Seen one seen 'em all really.

I found pics of two of her dresses
Whitney Eve - Grey Encino Ruffle Collar Dress ($345)
b6ujy0.jpg

2ikxus1.jpg

2s7i9oj.jpg

Whitney Eve - Black Sequin Ozark Dress ($495)
11wef51.jpg

2v84hsn.jpg

20sgn6r.jpg

shopkitson

The first dress looks cheap. Maybe these are just bad pics...I dunno...I'd much rather buy something from the E&J line for these prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
That "Ozark" dress looks like one of the dresses in Elizabeth & Jame's first collection.

I was really excited for her line but I HATE those two dresses. They look very cheap from what I can see.

The two dresses at Kitson are beyond tacky imo... and the second one is indeed very similar to an E&J dress from a season ago.

I like the dress that Lo is wearing but I would not pay more than $200... it is a basic dress done in a loud pattern.

The skirts that Lauren and Kristin are wearing I believe are from her collection... very cute but they are just LCC high-waisted skirts done in a different material:D

4ni9h.jpg
2u9lm35.jpg
2u7ooqd.jpg

Laguna Lovers

I don't think Kristin's skirt is the same as the one Lauren's wearing.

I guess that same ruffled dress is available in black as well.
tmgy.jpg

peoplestylewatch

Whitney Eve upcoming spring collection 2009

2zyik8y.jpg

zxo6s5.jpg

2s6xdo5.jpg

2wdva08.jpg

2m8189y.jpg

312bbi9.jpg

2qauzk3.jpg

2u7y3pc.jpg

219s5mp.jpg

17tzyh.jpg

24e7tqq.jpg

wvva1i.jpg

e9feb8.jpg

fxcupt.jpg

I feel this is such an improvement from the fall collection. There is a few pieces that if she prices them right I would buy. I love the floral theme and her pieces are fun and fresh.

My concern is the lack of fabric and the vast majority of them look to be wearable only at the club or parties^_^

There are a few pieces I like --the floral slipdresses but there is no cohesiveness with this collection. I cant get a feel for what she was going for. Who is her customer? Who do you go from tie-dyed stirrup sweatpants to cocktail dresses?

Someone please explain the stirrup, tie dye sweatpants to me... :doh::sick:

Honestly, stick to your main audience, design pretty & wearable clothes, don't go and try to set your own trends. It's beyond un-appealing & unflattering. :judge:

Last edited by a moderator:
Its better. I like the navy skirt, the polka dot mini, but that's about it. Those stirrup pants made me go D:

Two jackets she's worn recently (and maybe the best pieces of her collection) are available online at singer22.

If you watch The City, i'm sure you'll recognize them:

whitneyport.celebuzz.com

The line is called Whitney Eve now, no idea why she changed the name though.

IMHO it's pretty bad. I wouldn't even launch a collection like that.
Some of the fabrics looks like furniture upholstery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->