Whitney Port To Design Own Fashion Line: Eve & A

I'm actually disappointed! I was hoping for good things from Whitney. She actually seemed like she had her head screwed on in the show, especially when we got to see her actually doing work like at the Sass and Bide show. Her collection isn't much better than LCs.

that is some bad stuff...I also did not understand customer she's "designing" for...it's confusing because I generally think that her style is a lot different from this..

^I actually think the pieces of her collection and the line itself represent Whitney's style. I can see her in everypiece...

Whitney Eve Fall 2009 RTW Collection

whitneyport.celebuzz.com

kamv7o.jpg

2w72vjt.jpg

whitneyport.celebuzz.com

This girl is soo undeserving i swear , firstly she is such a misfit at her vogue job , she is a pseudo fashionista ,secondly she isnt even pretty , sorry to say, thirdly she has no talent , just milking off every bit of the Hills fame .

Wow! I never anticipated there to be a Whitney cult at TFS. I've avoided this thread for several month but decided to dip a toe into the water see what the fuss is all about. To my better judgement I should have continued to excluding Whitney and her designs from my life, because there is zero substance to her "fashion" line.

I definitely agree with everyone on whole issue of credibility as a designer....whitney has no design background and there are so many more people who are beautifully talented designers who won't get a chance like whitney simply because they werent famed from an MTV show...... that aside I do think her line is improving alot and it is MUCH MUCH better than Lauren's. I've never seen a worse fashion line than that of Lauren Conrad's. it was plain, boring, and the most overpriced items everrr
So i give Whitney thumbs up for actually coming up with something creative and true to her characteristics, but its unfortunate that other people who are actually talented as designers have to struggle way more to get a clothing line out

Boy, isn't she lucky to have her own line? Ugh.

VERY LUCKYYY! and I just heard Heidi Montag is getting her own collection of bathing suits/bikini line
not sure of the validity on that one..but I could definitely see it being true

She'll be presenting at Fashion Week in NY in a few days. She must be very excited. She's represented by Kelly Cutrone, which I think is funny since she 'worked' for Kelly on The Hills she'll be 'working' for Kelly in S2 of The City.
Whitney Port to Show Her Whitney Eve Line in the Tents at Fashion Week

Isn't it funny how last season Whitney Port was a lowly glorified intern at Diane Von Furstenberg, "working" backstage at Fashion Week, but this season she's staging her very own fashion show in the tents? Reality-TV stars — they grow up so fast. On September 10 at 2 p.m., she'll show her Whitney Eve collection back-to-back with Nicholas K and Mara Hoffman, who are all represented by public-relations firm People's Revolution, which is the subject of forthcoming Bravo reality show Kell on Earth and also Whitney's "employer" on The City. It's like a love triangle — nay, orgy — of realness! However, Whitney's fashion show probably won't be on The City, since those shows are about Whitney's real, non-famous life. With any luck, it will be on Kell on Earth, though Whitney's ironclad MTV contract may prevent her from appearing on Bravo, the greatest television network in history. So what this boils down to is that Whitney is "interning" for herself and employing her co-workers, while Kelly is working for her "intern." We're staring blankly at the air and trying to figure out what this all means (somewhere, Olivia Palermo is staring daggers at us). The bright lights and long nights and hirsute men of The City return to the airwaves on September 29.
nymag.com

Just curious...has anyone ever purchased anything from her line? Also wondering how well it's selling online and at boutiques.

Last edited by a moderator:
She must be excited about this and I am quite happy for her. I doubt that her line is doing well or that she is even making a profit but I think the whole way she went about it is much smarter than Lauren did w/ her personal line.

First her clothes are really her vision... they might not be everyone cup of tea but I can see her wearing every piece. Secondly, she used minimal media exposure which makes it seems that she is a bit more passionate about it as well as the fact that her reality tv days are more focused on her career...

Of course he dad's company produces her line so she didn't have to please backers who are interested in money but Lauren can stand to learn a few things from Whitney from the business end of designing...

Whitney Eve Spring 2010

Here a few looks from her show today. I think she has improved and uses a lot of creativity in her clothes but I just worry how wearable most pieces are...

Anyways, some cute dress but definately for the hip and sexy.

The art of fashion blog

She must be excited about this and I am quite happy for her. I doubt that her line is doing well or that she is even making a profit but I think the whole way she went about it is much smarter than Lauren did w/ her personal line.

First her clothes are really her vision... they might not be everyone cup of tea but I can see her wearing every piece. Secondly, she used minimal media exposure which makes it seems that she is a bit more passionate about it as well as the fact that her reality tv days are more focused on her career...

Of course he dad's company produces her line so she didn't have to please backers who are interested in money but Lauren can stand to learn a few things from Whitney from the business end of designing...

Her dad would probably disagree with you.

You know, this isn't as bad as I thought.
Not great, but not bad.
I actually LIKE the multi-colour printed dress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->